MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've had the car serviced two weeks ago with no faults at all.

Got in the car the toher morning to find the airbag and seat belt restraint light had come on. I've checked the seat belt restraint under braking and they seem to be fine, so I'm presuming it's the airbag.

Does anyone know if it's likely to be a connection fault that I can fix, or how to reset it, or am I going to have to go back to the garage?

Thanks in advance.

·
JCW 210 apparently not!
516 Posts
To reset the airbag you will need a B200. I have one and based in the Midlands, this will either solve the problem or tell you whats wrong. I can post it out if you require (would require a deposit though(fully returned on return)).

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Hi

I've had the car serviced two weeks ago with no faults at all.

Got in the car the toher morning to find the airbag and seat belt restraint light had come on. I've checked the seat belt restraint under braking and they seem to be fine, so I'm presuming it's the airbag.

Does anyone know if it's likely to be a connection fault that I can fix, or how to reset it, or am I going to have to go back to the garage?

Thanks in advance.
See this thread also for lots of advice on the airbag light in Faults & Fixes forum:-
http://www.mini2.com/forum/faults-fixes/130947-airbag-warning-light-petition-bmw-uk-10.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offer, but I've taken it into the dealership today, as I think it's still under warranty.

Turns out they are keeping her overnight and changing the airbag module.

Any ideas what this means?

·
Registered
237 Posts
yep iv had the same thing, i got a 2001 One, it was the passenger pretensioner, my mates are always clambering in the back so i reacon its the seat being moved around that did it.
got it sorted at a local garage however the [email protected]$&% light has came on again about a month ago!
im guessing its gunna need a replacement pretensioner, iv had urges just 2 take out the LED behind it (bloody cheaper) but deep down i know i should get it done.
what i want to know is why did it take MINI 4 years to notice the problem. :angry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts