MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've got the entire interior of my R50 removed whilst it dries out after water ingress so whilst everything is out I thougt I'd address the fact that half of the heater controls panel wasn't lit when the lights were on.
I managed with minmal disassembly to get the bulbs replaced behind the panel and that's sorted the light issue.
After reassembly, I seem to have created another problem.
On the heater panel, aside from the rotary switches, there are 3 push switches (one is blanked off) and each has an indicator light to show it's been activated.
Of these, the recirculating air switch does its thing and illuminates,however both the HRW and AC indicator lights don't come on when pushed when the ignition is on.
All fuses are OK, the wiring connector to the panel seems tight.
I've had the panel off and pushed the switches directly that are behind the buttons and the situation is the same.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Of these, the recirculating air switch does its thing and illuminates,however both the HRW and AC indicator lights don't come on when pushed when the ignition is on.
All fuses are OK, the wiring connector to the panel seems tight.
I've had the panel off and pushed the switches directly that are behind the buttons and the situation is the same.
Sorted. The problem seems that the battery was so flat that it just didn't have the juice to power these circuits. Battery taken out and charged overnight, all good. Must have been the interior lights draining the battery whilst I had the doors open getting the interior out and turning the lights off and on testing the bulbs I replaced. Must have been low anyway in the first place,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts