MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few days my new S has been depositing a fair amount of liquid from underneath. Due to where its coming from im presuming its water from the aircon system :puzzled: or rather hoping :hmph: (the man at MINI assist figured it might just be rain water until I said it hadnt actually rained here :rolleyes:)

Exactly how much water is the aircon system meant to spew out? and when?

Reason I ask is that, when I had the Cooper D with auto aircon, I never ever noticed this amount of liquid coming out on the ground before :puzzled: And when I had the ONE's I didnt either, though they had normal manual aircon :puzzled:

It did panic me a little the other day as I looked under the car as soon as I started it and it was running freely out the underside of the car (like it was doing a wee :p). I thought the system only used to 'leak' when you parked up and left it, not when you first start it (mine does leave a little puddle when I leave it as well, as ive noticed at work)

Also, would/should it do it when the aircon light is off, but the auto light is still on??

Any knowledge of the auto aircon system would be great, so as to re-assure me its all normal?! :puzzled::redface:

·
Registered
298 Posts
It did panic me a little the other day as I looked under the car as soon as I started it and it was running freely out the underside of the car (like it was doing a wee :p). I thought the system only used to 'leak' when you parked up and left it, not when you first start it (mine does leave a little puddle when I leave it as well, as ive noticed at work)
Water from underneath usually happens when the aircon has been on and condensation has built up on the various pipework. It is absolutely harmless and happens on practically all cars with air con.

You don't state whether the car was started from cold - when it 'leaked' straight away. If so, I would be surprised if the aircon would drip immediately on a cold start.

Are you sure it is not drainage channels?

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water from underneath usually happens when the aircon has been on and condensation has built up on the various pipework. It is absolutely harmless and happens on practically all cars with air con.

You don't state whether the car was started from cold - when it 'leaked' straight away. If so, I would be surprised if the aircon would drip immediately on a cold start.

Are you sure it is not drainage channels?
Yes it was on a cold start, yesterday and wednesday when it did it, it had been left in works carpark since lunchtime (about 5 hours). Didnt look today as it was raining.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts