MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all. As an RAF aircraft engineer (mechanical) I put a deposit on this 63k neat and tidy One and then spent this week building my N12 anxiety 😱 while waiting to collect it. I may now regret scrapping my 23 year old Mx5 but we’ll see. At least the wife and pugs can fit in it. I’m based in North Wales so not found much Mini action online/locally as yet; maybe I’ll start an Anglesey Minis page 🤔

it’s smooth and fun to drive so far. Not sure about the speedo location but I’ll get used to it. As usual I’m learning all I can about living with these cars and will help others whenever I can.

cheers Ian

Attachments

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
time will tell lol, seen many people brought to tears or anger in mini ownership , or should say faults miniownerships lol, stick a turbo on the MX5 that twin cam will hit over 300bhp and still old together, but would weld all the rust up first lol

Reactions: IanH72

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
time will tell lol, seen many people brought to tears or anger in mini ownership , or should say faults miniownerships lol, stick a turbo on the MX5 that twin cam will hit over 300bhp and still old together, but would weld all the rust up first lol
Thanks Mike 👍 the Mx5 was great. From what I’ve read so far you’ve been a key source of advice and guidance and I can assure you that your experience is appreciated. I note so far that any running issues are answered with plugs and coil packs so dealers must be making a fortune 🤣🤣🤣. As for my One time will tell 😳

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Thanks Mike 👍 the Mx5 was great. From what I’ve read so far you’ve been a key source of advice and guidance and I can assure you that your experience is appreciated. I note so far that any running issues are answered with plugs and coil packs so dealers must be making a fortune 🤣🤣🤣. As for my One time will tell 😳
yep thats the default dealers money making ways , ie they dont do proper diagnostics from the off ,, cant cheat the process would think you would know that level more than me, as when you get it wrong something heavy falls from the sky , where if I get it wrong its just a unhappy stranded car owner lol , must admit I have been here now since 2017 and nearly 10,000 posts think at last count ,

Reactions: IanH72

·
Registered
2004 Mini Cooper R50 Chili Red, Midlands 5 speed manual
301 Posts
Welcome to the forum IanH72!

With a thread title like that, this should be a very interesting thread!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts