MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured I add updates to his local shows as they appear, other stuff relating to him. Check out the last posts on the last page to see.................

For those of you not going to Pin's extravaganza (and for those of you willing to travel from there to here):

December 4th, 7:00PM Iron Horse Music Hall Northampton MA

Al Kooper

Remember him? Great stuff. Links below to his home page, info at the Iron Horse.

Tickets are $20.50 per, includes all charges. The place doesn't hold a huge amount of people, get your money in now. They'll hold your tickets at the door that night. Just bring your confirmation email or a picture ID. No age requirement also, bring the kids, expose them to some good music. Non smoking.

Full food service, nice selection of beers, full liquor. A great sound in the room. Easy parking, neat town to browse around in.

Pre-Party at Theo's!!!
More info on this later..............

List as it stands now of party goers and those with interest:

MEMini Party of 1 (But what a party!)
Sideways Party of 3
Theo Party of 2
Actual Size Party of 1 (?)
Pezguy PEZ IZ INZ ZEE HOUZE!!! maybe
jcsinnh A no show. We'll save the leftovers, drop them at his house.
onasled It's a possible
M2Smith All work and no play makes Mike a dull boy
Max Party of 2 It's official
bakerjc Party of 2 (Well, somebody has to cancel last minute, huh?)

Have I missed anybody?

Directions from Westerly (Pin's Toy Run) to Northampton. MapQuest gives it 107 miles, just under 2 hours normal driving. (I'll bet 3M can do it in an hour 10 minutes)
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1202997&postcount=44

http://www.alkooper.com

http://www.nbotickets.com/default.asp?mode=artist&name=1287

http://www.iheg.com

(No guarantees that Jimi will be there. Alas.)

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
I will look into it. What kind of music? Could you house me that night? Depending on if I make Pin's thing...we could gather at Bub's. Or even if I eat BBQ at Pin's thing, we could still go to Bub's...depending on time.

I will crunch some numbers and get back to you.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pezboy said:
I will look into it. What kind of music? Could you house me that night? Depending on if I make Pin's thing...we could gather at Bub's. Or even if I eat BBQ at Pin's thing, we could still go to Bub's...depending on time.

I will crunch some numbers and get back to you.
There may be other news coming, hold off on the plans for vittles and the such. We may get better consideration if we dine at the Horse........better seats and all.

Emma and I may make a night of it, staying at the Hotel Northampton or another in the area.

There could be another crazy SOB showing up, driving up from the Pin thing. Duck if you see him coming. Or drive with him.

Go one iTunes Music Store, do a search for Al Kooper. May not be quite your cup of tea, but it's what your music evolved from. Worth seeing.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the cool people are signing up.......Pez, Actual, two as yet unnamed, or shall we say unreported.

Speaking of the unnamed, where does Secco stand on this? He's gotta like Kooper, and I sure would like to give Maureen another hug.

Buy your tix as soon as possible.

·
Resident Panpsychist
2,655 Posts
An Invitation to all Coopers2Kooper folks...

Carol and I would like to invite all Coopers2Kooper attendees to our house for a get together before the concert. We live about 15 minutes away from the Iron Horse.

The Iron Horse opens at 5:30 pm for dinner, so we figured that we'd open our doors starting at 2:00 pm. That should give us enough time for some socializing as people arrive. We'll have some snacks and some beer/soda, but feel free to bring your favorite drink/brew to share with others.

Please email or PM me if you plan to come to our pre-Coopers2Kooper get together. I'll get back to you with the contact info and directions.

Hope to see our neighborhood full of Coopers!

Theo and Carol :yellow: :yellow:

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Theo said:
Carol and I would like to invite all Coopers2Kooper attendees to our house for a get together before the concert. We live about 15 minutes away from the Iron Horse.
See Max......I said there may be other stuff in the works.

·
Yo! Ol' Man!
1,966 Posts
bakerjc said:
All the cool people are signing up.....Buy your tix as soon as possible.
I must remain noncommital at this time - But I'm watching you people :silver:

·
is the best approach
149 Posts
Hmmm

Well, this is one of those tempting ones, and yes I'm old enough - just dug out my copy of Super Session (on vinyl, of course). Might have at least some of the family convinced, too.

Just one minor detail - the MINI will be comfortably ensconced in its winter hibernation space, so our choices are: POS '96 Caravan, or POS '96 Hyundai winter beater. Can't change that 'cause of insurance juggling, etc. Whaddya say, friends - can we come if I promise to wear at least 2 pcs. of Motoring Gear and park in an alley a safe distance away?

BTW, looking at the album cover reminded me of another band of yore - Harvey Brooks played bass in one of my favorite touring bands of that era - the Fabulous Rhinestones.
[sets the controls on the wayback machine to 1974...]

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sideways said:
Well, this is one of those tempting ones, and yes I'm old enough - just dug out my copy of Super Session (on vinyl, of course). Might have at least some of the family convinced, too.

Just one minor detail - the MINI will be comfortably ensconced in its winter hibernation space, so our choices are: POS '96 Caravan, or POS '96 Hyundai winter beater. Can't change that 'cause of insurance juggling, etc. Whaddya say, friends - can we come if I promise to wear at least 2 pcs. of Motoring Gear and park in an alley a safe distance away?

BTW, looking at the album cover reminded me of another band of yore - Harvey Brooks played bass in one of my favorite touring bands of that era - the Fabulous Rhinestones.
[sets the controls on the wayback machine to 1974...]
Hyundi, Caravan, Mazda, Greyhound Bus, Buick (John may be needing the extended space of the rear seat for this one). Metal doesn;t matter. It's the people inside that count.

I and Emma would be most pleased if Emily could come.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
m2smith said:
I must remain noncommital at this time - But I'm watching you people :silver:
Just get on board, will ya? You can critique the sound guy,

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Theo said:

The Iron Horse opens at 5:30 pm for dinner, so we figured that we'd open our doors starting at 2:00 pm. That should give us enough time for some socializing as people arrive. We'll have some snacks and some beer/soda, but feel free to bring your favorite drink/brew to share with others.

Please email or PM me if you plan to come to our pre-Coopers2Kooper get together. I'll get back to you with the contact info and directions.

Hope to see our neighborhood full of Coopers!

Theo and Carol :yellow: :yellow:
Theo comes through big time. Nice offer.

Got anything else up your sleeve? Hmmmm?

Theo, are you in Easthampton?

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Whoa, whoa, whoa tough guy...I am a very far from definite. I know you will probably get more people going if you mention that I am also going...but I have to work some things out first.

I will give some thought to it after work tomorrow. I am stuck in bagland until 8pm tonight.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pezboy said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa tough guy...I am a very far from definite. I know you will probably get more people going if you mention that I am also going...but I have to work some things out first.

I will give some thought to it after work tomorrow. I am stuck in bagland until 8pm tonight.
Pez. You're going. End of discussion.

·
Resident Panpsychist
2,655 Posts
bakerjc said:
Theo, are you in Easthampton?
Yup. Our house is about 1/2 hour North of the MassPike/I-91 Interstellar Confluence. Easy to get to...Exit 17B off I-91 North. Those coming from the East should take MassPike to Exit 4 then I-91 North. You can also take Rt. 2 West to I-91 South and the Easthampton Exit.

Directions will be emailed/PM'd to those who indicate they're fully committed.

Theo :yellow:

·
Privileged & Gifted
8,137 Posts
There's my cue. I don't have a clue. The queque forms here. I'd go to the end of the line but someone is already there. Can I cut in?

I'm up for this and down wit dat. Thelonious I may be a late arrival since I'll be running from the southeast. More later.

Sideways I too played the vinyl Supersession last night. "Albert's Shuffle", "Season of the Witch", and my favorite " I bought you the shoes, your walking away in".

Someone wake up Secco. Rick seize Secco and have him join Actual Size.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Theo said:
Yup. Our house is about 1/2 hour North of the MassPike/I-91 Interstellar Confluence. Easy to get to...Exit 17B off I-91 North. Those coming from the East should take MassPike to Exit 4 then I-91 North. You can also take Rt. 2 West to I-91 South and the Easthampton Exit.

Directions will be emailed/PM'd to those who indicate they're fully committed.

Theo :yellow:
Did you ever find a MoT'04 flyer on your MINI in Easthampton? I tagged one last spring, was not sure who's it was. I do remember it to be yellow though.

If it was, and it was paked on your street, my mother grew up in a house very close by. We were up there doing the gravesite cleanup stuff, did a tour of the area for the benefit of the kids. Get a little family history into them.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts