MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mini Cooper S
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My alarm went off in the middle of the night unexpectedly on my R53 03 plate, Cooper S. However since the alarm went off, my locking system just clicks constantly and my interior light keeps switching itself on! I am unable to lock my car now and both the key fob and the internal button does nothing. I am thinking the light switching on was what set the alarm off but I’m not 100% sure.
I’m assuming it’s going to be a simply electrical connection gone a bit wonky or out of place but wondering if anyone else has had this happen??

·
Registered
2020 Countryman Moonwalk Grey
47 Posts
I am brand new to the Mini Cooper and do not know a lot, but just to shut the system down and stop cycling, disconnect the battery terminal, just one will stop everything. Let it sit for 10 min and reconnect the Battery. This may reset your alarm system and get back to normal. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2020 Countryman Moonwalk Grey
47 Posts
@MiniBeth97 if you are not familiar with the safety of not grounding the Positive Terminal, the one with the big red wire. Take off the Big Black wire on the Neg Terminal. Be careful not to let your tool touch the big red terminal. Get some help if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself. Always wear some Glasses to protect your eyes when working around car Batteries. If you accidentally touch the Positive terminal to Ground, any metal part of the vehicle, sparks can fly up. You must also be careful not to let the tool you use to take off the Neg Terminal to touch to the Positive Terminal. I have suggested something for you to do and I want to make sure you have information for your safety.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts