MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you arm the alarm on you mini how many times do the lights flash and do they flash when you disarm it

as on my alarm the light flash one when arming and thats it no lights on disarm

The owners handbook say's

when arming the lights will flash 3 times and once when disarming

is my alarm faulty

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boot yes

Windows ??????? dealers do not have the power to do this but i think its is possible as all the electrics are there the function just need programing in.

there something in the hand book about the car's memory and the windows but it doesent make sense to me i would quote the book but i dont have access to it at the moment.

I did read a post saying that someone mini remote controlled the windows and sunroof but it was never proved

(if i am wrong on this window issue,please correct me)

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
1,048 Posts
Alarm!!!!!

The lights flashing when locking and unlocking the car is programable at your dealers. What I find amazing is the differences between the cars on delivery.

On the assumption that they all leave the factory with the same settings, they must then be changed at the dealers prior to delivery for some reason.

Les

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
If you put the key in the door and turn it to unlock the car and hold it in the unlocked position, the windows and sunroof (if fitted) open. If you hold the key in the lock position they close. I don't think this works off the remote. My alarm flashes once on arming, but doesn't flash when disarming.

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Garry said:
Ditto..;) I sense a theme developing here..:)

As for the dealers programming your electrics, it seems a little hit and miss at the moment as to which dealers have the software capable of doing this, not to mention whether or not their service guys have been on the relevant course to know what to do with it! I don't think this is one of their priorities at the moment..:(

·
Registered
113 Posts
My car when delivered flashed on locking - not unlocking.

Had an electrics glitch and now it doesnt - Control Unit to be replaced.

My car also opened the windows and sunroof when you pressed and held the unlock button on the remote (my dealer and I were v surprised by this as we expected the boot latch to pop as it it suposed to when u do this) since the glitch It doesnt do this anymore.

I have also lost the one touch open and close of the sunroof and the "lights on" buzzer on opening the door.

Dave

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
baldie said:
My car when delivered flashed on locking - not unlocking.

Had an electrics glitch and now it doesnt - Control Unit to be replaced.

My car also opened the windows and sunroof when you pressed and held the unlock button on the remote (my dealer and I were v surprised by this as we expected the boot latch to pop as it it suposed to when u do this) since the glitch It doesnt do this anymore.

I have also lost the one touch open and close of the sunroof and the "lights on" buzzer on opening the door.

Dave
I had a problem with a mobile phone hands-free kit that caused an electrical "hickup". I disconnected the earth lead to the battery and re-connected. This re-sets the computer. Everythings work fine since. Might be worth a shot?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
is your alarm causing you alarming concern :confused: :D :D :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts