MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that some people have mentioned this problem but just over look it..
I've not seen much talk about this in threads for the headlights, but has anyone found a fix for making the main beams of the ebay halo lights line up PROPERLY? Right out of the box and into the bonnet of my car, the beams are not only crossing, but also at an angle and one of them is higher than the other. It looks very cheap and "made in china" so I would like these to line up as perfectly as possible. If I'm missing a thread about this, I'm sorry, but after inspecting these so many times up close and even going through countless hours of unnecessary work and stress on these lights (don't mess with those 3 screws that adjust the high beams and lose the piece they hold INSIDE the headlight...that was a lot of fun) I am still left stumped. Help is appreciated in advance.

Also, unrelated, has anyone figured out why all these sets of headlights have drastically different colored halo rings? I see all these pictures of really blue halos... semi blue ones.. super white ones. Upon closer inspection of these LEDS they are not "plug and play" so it's hard for me to imagine how they are all so different. Different manufacturers? I think not... but I could be wrong. Same goes for my halo side lights (in the bumper, which I also have). Seems a lot of peoples' light all the way around out of the box and are a drastically different color than mine.. although I have switched my stock LEDS out of them and tried a few different kinds of bulbs and LEDS... I have stock orange bulbs in there now for a different look.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Aligning any lights is an absolute PITA without the special optical units.

If you do a search on aligning Xenon lights (I did it just recently) on google there is a site somewhere that shows you what to do. I think a link was posted on NAM to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I've scuessfully aligned the headlights turns out you have to pull that gray thing out and take a Philips screwdriver to adjust the screw... you'll understand if you see it. Didn't know that thing came out.

Does anyone know how to change the leds of the halo's or if it's even possible?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts