MINI Cooper Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Tim, I am not the moderator on here. It is minione2002. With that issue it was bugging me and everyone else on here, so I just decided to pitch in. Thinking, given my working background difficult for them to give me flannel.
I've no idea what privileges or priority access, or any access come to that, minione2002 has to Vertical Scope, the hoster of the forum. He probably doesn't want to call them because it is expensive - and I don't blame him if he doesn't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all! New to the Mini family; just picked up a 2011 convertible S in the darker blue color which I love. Looking forward to learning more about them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is o damned annoying. I was already a member for some years but have had to re-register as could no longer login. I mailed admin several times to help but was ignored. Now that again I have a Q to ask the Forum I still cannot get to post it... Really really annoying...

·
Registered
1 Posts
When folk ask for recommendations for this and that and have no location on their profile then I just ignore them as I can't be arsed playing guessing games. If they actually spend time and read the forum/ conducted their research prior to asking a question then they would quickly realise that the forum covers the entire universe and not just their little bubble!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
USA southeastern

·
Registered
2007 Mini Hatchback
4 Posts
Right, joiners and 'newbies' are still not putting in their country or rough location. Nor any details of the Gen/Model/Year/Fuel Type of their Mini.

I'd forgotten what was involved in registering so I've just been through the registration process as a 'fake' new member with a different name. And there lies the problem.

All you have to do is fill in Name, Password and email. And your in as a member. No other details requested, mandatory or otherwise, such as country, location, model, year, fuel type. Neither in the first panel or in a second panel that then appears once you've completed the first panel.
So here I am, in a panic, I know naff-all about cars, and I have a problem, for example "my car won't start - when I turn the key I just get a clicking noise" or "when I turn the car off (and it is a baking hot day), the fans go on running", pretty basic stuff.

Sooo, trust me, I've spent a lot of my career involved in the interface between users and IT systems, business processes and was, way back, what was then called an O&M Analyst (Organisation and Methods).

Unless the registration process is changed most will never put in any other data than that asked for in that first panel.
Other forums I'm on DO invite input of such data as part of the registration process.
Can this be looked at and changed?
Unless it is things will simply carry on as they are. Which is unsatisfactory.
In the US and A, O&M is Operations and Maintenance :) so, yeah, put your country in! Though I can pretty much tell by the vernacular when it's not someone in the US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
PLEASE READ!!!!!

It has been bought to my attention by @NigelK that the "rough" location of new members should be added to their profiles.

By doing this it will make it easier for us to offer advice regarding parts suppliers & dealers ETC ETC

:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

Cheers all...
No problem I have a Mini Cooper S 2006
Manual transmission. Hatchback. I’m from
The state of Maryland. What else do I need to
Answer ???

·
Registered
2012 Mini Cooper Countryman, stock
1 Posts
new to the forum, from Riverside, CA. Grateful for tech savvy individuals - found vehicle information to include in my signature by searching for a free VIN decoder website and finding as much info to attach as much information as I would allow myself to do.

Thank you for the welcome email - will attempt to be of use as I continue to learn and grow within the Mini2 Community!

This is our second Mini Cooper - previous was a two-door Mini Cooper S that we outgrew as a family. Miss the Sport zippiness from the previous model we owned. This still has a good amount of zip to it, and still getting used to it even though we've owned it for several years.

Again, thanks for the welcome! I look forward to finding areas within the forum to learn from and contribute as best we can!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts