MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Something in the works ...

Every Sponsor's forum has a
icon in their forum description. This links members and guests to a page which explains how to search for Sponsor products.

Current plans are to convert the Tags on which this is based from Zoints to vBulletin. What this means is I will be able to automate the searches as I had originally wanted to do, which will encourage a lot more use of the feature.

As always I continue to tag the threads you start in your Sponsor forums.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Stew, MINIAC, thanks for your comments.

Please don't get me wrong, we are not here to cause irritation as your reply's seem a little uncaring.

If a competitor becomes a sponsor its NOT a problem as:

a) its a level playing field
b) at the end of the day its the customer who decides where they purchase their goods not a sponsor.

Yes we have great interaction with customers and members of m2. Remember we sponsors are members too, and I was long before becoming a sponsor.

I think what has upset some of the sponsors is they way this has happened without any consultation or even the opportunity to discuss any packages on offer to us.

I would love to have been given some info regarding 'global advertising' or sponsorship across all Auto Forum sites and/or the opportunity to discuss the Google ad option.

But we are here to serve the community and have a tough time as it is what with the current global situation so having to now concern ourselves and read page after page of members throwing in their comments, some very negative, takes time better suited for us to do 'real' work.

Giving us the opportunity to talk open and frankly in a public forum is counter productive, even if members can't see this page - but why no communication direct to us ? - we all have emails and phone numbers so any issues or changes to any advertising situations can be dealt with before any missunderstanding?? We are human you know.

We wish you well, so please don't get us wrong, but as one of my earlier comments - I try to make part of my living from this forum and it is part of the family and has been for over 7 years for me. We hope this to continue.

Regards
Phil

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
One other quick Point.

MINIAC, the images you show don't tell the real story as the they both portray current sponsors banners in current sponsors pages, who the members know and trust, not some unknown who is not and probably would not be an M2 sponsor.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Please don't get me wrong, we are not here to cause irritation as your reply's seem a little uncaring.

I think what has upset some of the sponsors is they way this has happened without any consultation or even the opportunity to discuss any packages on offer to us.

I would love to have been given some info regarding 'global advertising' or sponsorship across all Auto Forum sites and/or the opportunity to discuss the Google ad option.
Phil,

I think it's a little unfair to characterize me as uncaring.

Tagging product announcements is something Sponsors are supposed to be doing, yet none are doing it. I have subscriptions to all the active Sponsor forums which generate a daily email notifying me when a thread has been started or replied to in your forums. Seven days a week I check any new threads identified in these emails to ensure they tagged properly for the Product Search feature, a feature which makes it easier for members and guests to find your products.

Knowing some Sponsors were upset about the site upgrade, I PM'd all Sponsors the email address of the AutoForums sales person, encouraging them to contact him with their complaints and questions.

Why would I do these things if I didn't care?

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
One other quick Point.

MINIAC, the images you show don't tell the real story as the they both portray current sponsors banners in current sponsors pages, who the members know and trust, not some unknown who is not and probably would not be an M2 sponsor.
If I was visiting your forum and saw all the "Thanks Phil" threads why would I want to click the Google banner for an unknown vendor selling vinyl graphics :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
If you didnt want competition then you should not have started your business.
Stew
I think the way you speak to your customers is an absolute disgrace.
Non of us are afraid of fair competition, however having paid for our own forum we don't expect to see rival firms all around it. Just like I wouldn't allow a rival company to put their adverts on the front of my shop

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have created this forum so we can talk about any issues you have in private. Only Administrators and other sponsors can see this forum, so feel free to be candid and discuss whatever you like! Cheers!

Nadeem
Sorry to be blunt on this one but still to date NONE of my questions have had any form of reply at all from the folks running this site?

My big question is that directly due to your actions a very large chunk of members have chosen to go elsewhere leaving Mini2.

As a business owner that leaves me with little choice but to advertise wherever the members go, we already sponser 3 forums, When I signed upto advertise on Mini2 there was a massive number of potential customers and for that reason I signed up.

Please can you advise when the reductions in vendor costs are going to start?

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
This is the first time I have ever heard that there are different packages
I have mailed the company I want a refund then I will be off

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Dave ...

I sent all Sponsors the following PM on March 13th:
MINIAC said:
Hello MINI2 Sponsors,

On March 9th the site was upgraded by AutoForums. As part of the upgrade Google Ads are now predominately displayed below your Sponsor Banners.

The Moderation Team is concerned that these Google Ads will over-shadow your Sponsor banners, and has urged AutoForums to display these Google Ads only at the bottom of forum pages as was done prior to the upgrade.

If you are not happy with the positioning of Google Ads underneath your Sponsor banners please voice your complaints to Richard Jones by emailing him at [email protected]. Please also CC your email to [email protected].

Thanks,

Ron

21 - 40 of 46 Posts