MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if one of the people on this board could mock-up an S in all it's different colors.

I have tried changing colors and have yet to get good results.

Someone with experience should be able to do a pretty convincing job. Who ever does this will be doing what MINI should have done month's ago.

It would also help if you have seen the different colors in person.

There are a lot of us that haven't seen a MINI in person, and this would help us decide on colors.

Thanks in advance.

94SwiftGT

PS: I think this would make a great starting point.

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/94SwiftGT/ds s 06.jpg

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
What color combos are you looking for?
I've seen BRG(Cooper S), Black(s), Dark Silver(s), Pure Silver(s), Elec. Blue(s), Red, Yellow, and Gold. If you want to ask my opinion about any.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The way that different paint colours respond to light can be totally different (especially with metallics), so colour converting in something like Photoshop is very difficult to get right.

Many car manufacturers websites have a "choose your colour" option, and you can always tell when they have used real pictures of the different paints, or just colour converted the same basic image.

Wouldn't it be better to trawl the galleries and compile a selection of the best photo in each colour?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Colors

I have looked in most of the galleries and there is a lack of pictures of the "S" in anything but DS, or EB.

If anyone has good pictures of the other colors, please post them.

94SwiftGT

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Most of the pictures of the 'S' have been taken at shows, so you're not really going to know how the cars looks in natural lighting.

Check out the following threads for links to show pictures:

MINI at the LA Auto Show

Pictures from the Detroit Auto Show?

The only 'S' colors other than DS and EB you'll find are Chili Red, BRG, Pure Silver and Liquid Yellow.

There's also some shots of a Black test mule in this Roadfly post.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
There are pics of pepper white in Nurburgring Test thread in this forum

I have seen pics of Black in the latest Motor show batch. And, a BRG S somewhere in MINI2 I'm sure

The only colour I haven't seen on an S of those currently available for the S is Indi Blue... The one I want!

BMW - Please send us something:)
We know you're out there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts