MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I ordered my Cooper on 04/10/04 paid deposit etc and was allocated a Body number. What is difference between body number and production number?

I ask as I want to add Harman Kardon system and was informed by dealership that no changes can be made. It seems a bit soon after order for car to go to production. Further tracking on internet yields no details with number!!

Can anyone help?? :confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Was it a build number?

You may have been given a build number...
I am not familiar with a body number. I can say that I ordered mine on or about that time and got my "VIN" yesterday. At that point it is too late to change...

Hope that helps,

minirizzo

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
If it's a 7 digit number then it's likely...

160rav said:
Hi

I ordered my Cooper on 04/10/04 paid deposit etc and was allocated a Body number. What is difference between body number and production number?

I ask as I want to add Harman Kardon system and was informed by dealership that no changes can be made. It seems a bit soon after order for car to go to production. Further tracking on internet yields no details with number!!

Can anyone help?? :confused:
a production number and unless they're selling you one they just happen to have that's what you wanted minus the Harman Kardon upgrade then you ought to be able to change things. BUT if it's a 17 digit number then it's likely the VIN and probably to late to change most things. Still I'd think changing out a stereo wouldn't be too difficult. We do it here all the time without the dealers help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thanks, checked with another dealer here as well who explained once the body number is allocated it's too late to make changes. It seems that Mini are being produced earlier, not sure if this has anything to do with closures in December!!

In any case I can't make any changes now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts