MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have news that an Alloy Interior will be an option for the MINI.

Priced around £300 in the UK, it will basically have alloy where all the silver plastic bits are on the dash etc.

This could be really nice IF done well.

:)

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
On 09-07-2001 23:33 Paul_Mullett wrote:

Priced around £300 in the UK, it will basically have alloy where all the silver plastic bits are on the dash etc.

:)
I REALLY hope so, as the silver plastic dash looked very cheap to me in comparison to the other materials in and on the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wonder if this is the \"bright interior\" referred to as standard for the Cooper S in BMW\'s marketing bumph?

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
On 09-07-2001 23:33 Paul_Mullett wrote:

I was hoping for something of a \'darker\' nature ... like carbon fiber.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
On 10-07-2001 20:51 Phish wrote:
Well, as long as the S doesn't come standard with woodgrain interior bits, I'll be happy.
It's an option and not my cup of tea:

<=== Click to scare little children and large dogs :eek:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Geez, that large picture of the fake wood interior will scare little children and large dogs. :r

(Now that the size has been reduced, my dog is still cautious and says ugly is ugly)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Smart pooch, Bruce. I imagine a small band of druid, imigrant workers carving wood in a Bavarian forest singing, work songs, sounding like the Chipmunks, as one in alto soprano, solos his way thru \"Moon Over My MINI\"

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
Don\'t hate me but.....

IFit\'s real wood I can live with it. It reminds me of the Classic Mini\'s wooden dash. I like the whole Classic to New thing. Don\'t hate me please!

Like in this one:
http://www.turkys.com/99green.html

Cheers,
Mike

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
On 11-07-2001 13:29 Yurinaut wrote:
IFit\'s real wood I can live with it. It reminds me of the Classic Mini\'s wooden dash. I like the whole Classic to New thing. Don\'t hate me please!
Mike, I\'ve got a classic Mini fitted with exactly that same dash - and I love it. Perhaps because it\'s flat and straight like a piece of wood should be.... But this curved, sculpted dash appearing above (with that awful wheel) just looks so fake and out of place to me in a new car.

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
True. I do love the flat style of the old dash. I guess I\'ll have to see it in person to be sure but, I do agree, at least in pictures, I\'m not really a fan of the wood-look steering wheel. I guess I\'m a little woried about the silver plastic thing.

If they do offer real actual on the dash, that would be my first choice prividing carbon fiber isn\'t in the mix. that would look very nice with the Antracite gray (coin?) color exterior and black/gray leather interior. I guess we\'ll have to see. The nice thing is....we will eventually get to actually see!!!

Cheers,
Mike
Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it technically feasible to make a round LCD? Is it economically practical? The square panel in the round frame looks out of character in an otherwise wonderfully integrated design.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You may think this is a bit silly, but when you can get Widescreen TV in it, suddenly the 16:9 rectangle all makes sense!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
These smiley can be a problem.

It really should say 16 : 9, but if I leave the spaces out - nightmare. I hope this works.

I wonder if you were a 38 Double DD bra size you would get a big smile. Lets see 38DD.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ive seen the option on the ....er...options list... at least here in the UK the anthracite is standard, bright look (thats silver dash to u and me) is an option and so is the REAL Aluminium with silver paited door inserts thats an option on the Cooper \'S\' too cos if thats real aluminium a la TT im there Baby!!! :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
How much does the aluminium interior cost ??? and is it available to order now.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
On 15-08-2001 1:26 Andrewfuzzy wrote:
Ive seen the option on the ....er...options list... at least here in the UK the anthracite is standard, bright look (thats silver dash to u and me) is an option and so is the REAL Aluminium with silver paited door inserts thats an option on the Cooper \'S\' too cos if thats real aluminium a la TT im there Baby!!! :D
I hope the aluminum isn\'t just plain old aluminum. My wife\'s sister\'s boyfriend has an Audi TT and he explained to me that the interior aluminum trim has a patented coating that makes it always look unblemished from fingerprints without needing any cleaning or polishing.

It\'s really cool, and any upscale Mini trim needs to be something just as nice.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts