MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
On 09-07-2001 23:33 Paul_Mullett wrote:
I have news that an Alloy Interior will be an option for the MINI.

Priced around £300 in the UK, it will basically have alloy where all the silver plastic bits are on the dash etc.

This could be really nice IF done well.
I was hoping for something of a \'darker\' nature ... like carbon fiber.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
BruceK said:

I had the same dash in my Rover Mini Cooper ---- but it was real veneer in there, not plastic!
I fabricated a dash for my 1967 'S' (plywood covered with oak veneer and stained) leaving the big center speedo in place and bracketing a Smith's tach with the oil and temp gauges in front of the steering wheel. Never got a chance to take a "polaroid" before the car was stolen in 1972.

Getting back to the thread topic ... the US MINI Brochure refers to "Alloy Patina trim".

from Merriam-Webster Online:

Main Entry: pa·ti·na
Pronunciation: p&-'tE-n&, 'pa-t&-n&
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural pa·ti·nas /-n&z/; or pa·ti·nae /-"nE, -"nI/
Etymology: Italian, from Latin, shallow dish -- more at PATEN
Date: 1748
1. (a) a usually green film formed naturally on copper and bronze by long exposure or artificially (as by acids) and often valued aesthetically for its color (b) a surface appearance of something grown beautiful especially with age or use
2. an appearance or aura that is derived from association, habit, or established character
3. a superficial covering or exterior
I'll take door # 3 ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.