MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got some pics of Alloy Patina dash that they can post?

I have ordered the Chilli Pack with my Cooper, and currently have specced the Anthracite dash. Is the Alloy Patina dash available on the standard cooper - and if so, is there an additional charge?

What do those who have Alloy Patina and those who have Anthracie think I should do :confused: ?

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
when i specced up a cooper last jan the alloy patina was a £30 extra. i changed my mind and bought an s in the end but still with the alloy patina trim. love the look of it. wont let me post any pics cos there too big, sorry.

actually there are a couple of (not very good) pics in my gallery if you want a look

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
Alloy Patina was an additional £30 over silver. I chose it because I think it looks less plasticky and more like metal than the anthracite or silver, and is quite an unusual finish. It also looks great with a chrome-line interior.

I have a pic here but it's difficult to see the detail of the finish in pictures - suggest you look at a Cooper S at your dealer...

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm with MaxxUK on this. I had the anthracite for the last two years and I'm pretty tired of it. The silver is nice but I think the Patina shows off the dash design the best. I checked out a Cooper S with the chrome interior and specc'd my 05 Cooper accordingly.

If you've gone with dark grey or black seating, then definitely switch from the antracite dash - it makes the interior of the car very drab.

One other thing to check - if you order Patina dash, I think you get anthracite door elipticals as standard. If you want pure silver instead, you'll have to pre-order that. As far as I know, you can't get Patina on the doors.

J.

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
Yep, you get lovely alloy door trims as well. Updated pic of my interior with chrome trim (though you can't see alloy effect much in this shot) trust me in the flesh with the chrome it looks modern and classy with a touch of bling ;)

·
Shiredweller's Wife
2,732 Posts
I have the Anthracite and love it. I think the Patina looks much better it the pics. here than it does in the flesh [no offence to those who like it]. You really need to see both up close to know for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.