MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i am just wondering if any one can help me, ive just bought a mini cooper and im looking for some new alloys for it, can any 1 give me any advice on what ones are the best please thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh i was looking for genuine mini alloys, i spoke to sum fella from a tyre place cos he has got a mini, and he said that some wheels make the car drive wonky, so i was just seeing if any 1 new what r the best sizes to get and the best mini alloys etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you're looking for genuine mini alloys... I have some 16" in top condition that I might be looking to sell?.. Im looking to upgrade my wheels and will need to flog them soon! Would you be interested?

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Would be good if you could find a keyboard with all the letters and a shift key too wouldn't it. In other words, please leave txt spk to texting your mates, not on the forum.

Whatever that "sum fella" said sounds plain odd, the only wheels that would make the car "drive wonky" would be wheels that are not fitter properly, or the wrong size completely. Other than that, I have no idea what he's talking about.

The best starting place is the FAQ section on wheels and tyres: MINI2 - MINI Forum - FAQ & DIY: MINI DIY & FAQ - ALL GENERATIONS

·
Registered
460 Posts
Whatever that "sum fella" said sounds plain odd, the only wheels that would make the car "drive wonky" would be wheels that are not fitter properly, or the wrong size completely. Other than that, I have no idea what he's talking about.
no doubt some twit got some second hand wheels and didnt fit the required spigot rings for the mini there seems to be more and more bodgers out there

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, sorry im looking for 17 or 18 inch alloys, thanks for the advice, am i best getting runflats or just regular tires for the alloys???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thanks paul. do you know any websites where i can get genuine mini alloys for reasonable prices??

·
Registered
460 Posts
ok thanks paul. do you know any websites where i can get genuine mini alloys for reasonable prices??
chance and no come to mind if you want new OEM you will be paying new bmw prices just the way it is usually £200 and more per rim + tyre for OEM better put your money to decent and imo much better aftermarkets like OZ or Speedlines or BBS much better made and lighter than the OEM stuff too

·
Registered
460 Posts
i wouldn't be a good vendor if i didn't lol i have a cooper we also have a cooper s that belongs to my business associate the spec im building on the cooper is a close secret atm, the s will hopefuly have some new wheels when Ben makes his mind up

·
Just been Clubbed!
379 Posts
IMO the 17" S spokes are the best looking OEM wheel for the MINI. I know many will reply that they wiegh as much as a small planet but i have got them with non runflat tyres and cant tell any difference from my old 16" 5 spokes with runflats.
Where you get them from depends on the size of your wallet but usually good amount on ebay or as i did from the classifieds on here.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Have you considered replicas? If you want 17 or 18" they are gonnna be pretty expensive. I have 18'' R90 Replicas on my mini one. I got them from ebay for £600 with falken tyres. I'm really pleased with them and the quality is good for the money.

Here is my car...

·
Registered
460 Posts
depends ive always like oz ultraleggeras and speedline turinis in anthracite on leccy blue but to make the look and stance right it needs to be lowered 30mm or so as stock minis have epic arch gap

·
Registered
398 Posts
I like the style i have, I think they look good on most mini's and they'd look good on yours. I agree with james that anthracite wheels look good on electric blue but i'm not sure they would with the white roof, I'd be tempted to stick to silver wheels. have you had a look through the classifieds to see if there are any bargains?

Lowering it does help, i lowered mine on eibachs and it sits just right

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok thanks for the comments, how much did you spend on your alloys and tyres? and how much does it cost to have it lowered and where might i be able to get this done, what type of garage or shop?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts