Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Cooper come with 4 Alloy wheels + a full size spare
or 5 Alloys as standard ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think you will find it does not have a spare, either run flat or repair kits. There maybe a spacesaver option but I have not seen one.

as for full size spare.

nope

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
No extra alloy, no full size spare tire, sometimes no spare tire at all.

In the US, the non-S Cooper will come with a space-saver spare tire as a standard feature - but only if fitted with 15 inch wheels. Upgrading the Cooper to 16 or 17 inch wheels means run-flat tires which means no space-saver will be provided. Perhaps one can be purchased and fitted by the owner? Or would its use confuse the ABS and other systems?

For the Cooper S, there will be no spare fitted - only run-flats. No chance of buying a space-saver for the S as the battery sits under the rear hatch floor.

Oh, almost forgot, in some countries MINI are provided with a thing called the MINI Mobility System which I believe is a package that contains an air compressor and a bottle of tire goo to temporarily fix a flat tire.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Pezza said:
Does the Cooper come with 4 Alloy wheels + a full size spare
or 5 Alloys as standard ?
Have you not even been to look at the car yet??

LMB:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course of have.
Just wondered as i have never had a car with run flats.
Anyway its a little mean not to supply a spare wheel when the car costs so much. What if the tyres shreaded or in the event of a good blow out it came of the rim etc.

NOW I NEED A new wheel and tyre.

·
Registered
374 Posts
In the debate over whether the Mini is really a BMW or not I'm generally in the "against" camp. But when it comes to standard equipment, the Mini is pure BMW - everything is an extra! I must admit I enjoyed telling people that even the spare tyre was an optional extra!

In the end I didn't order the spare wheel - but no doubt I'll come to regret it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Optional spare

For anyone who hasn't yet taken delivery, I'd change the spec to include the spec-saver spare - it ain't much extra money.

Plus tucked away neatly under the boot it helps the old weight distribution (!);)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts