MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here got their alloys in white?

I'm toying with the idea but not sure how well the paint will stay on (if that's how they made 'em white)

Do they show scratches and/or dents more than the standard alloys?

Thanks

·
24hr
248 Posts
I have white alloys on mine. They are really quite hard wearing and probably easier to colour match than silver when/if they need touching up.
BUT and it's a big but, they really are a swine to keep clean. Not so much hard to do, but they do need doing often as brake dust shows up very quick.
Worth it though as they do look very smart on the right car / colour combination :smile:
What colour scheme are you thinking of ?

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
My opinion and it's only a opinion. White should not be seen anywhere near Dark Silver, and MINI shouldn't offer it. Not keen on white wheels full stop though I'm afraid.

To answer your original question Arfon, the white wheels are prepped the same way as the silver, but in white obviously. they are powder coated and not just painted, as far as I know anyway.

Hwyl

·
The real JT
2,787 Posts
If you've got a white roof and white mirrors, then you've got to have white wheels

Even if they're not white for long...

·
24hr
248 Posts
My opinion and it's only a opinion. White should not be seen anywhere near Dark Silver, and MINI shouldn't offer it. Not keen on white wheels full stop though I'm afraid.

To answer your original question Arfon, the white wheels are prepped the same way as the silver, but in white obviously. they are powder coated and not just painted, as far as I know anyway.

Hwyl
Your entitled to your opinion even if your completely and utterly wrong ;)
Get what you like Arfon and ignore everyone else matey it's your money !

Attachments

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
If you get them powder coated white they will be far more duarable than the normal sprayed and laquer painting jobs that many places do.

Theres lots of folks with white wheels, you just have to clean them a lot to stop the marks staying!

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Oh and if you have a white roof and miorrors then I think white wheels look fine, if you have black then go for silver or black... avoid white like the plague unless you have a complimenting colour elsewhere on the car chap. However if theres a specific rerason for the white wheels then thats cool, each to their own

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol I was only going to get them if I was going with the dark grey and white stripes and roof or the astro black and white stripes and roof.

Still unsure which colour scheme I’ll be going for. Will see if the dealership has the different combination in stock to have a “close” inspection lol

Think the only reason I’m this fussy is because this will be my second car, but first new car and hope not having to change for 10+ years as I think it will take that long to pay for it lol

Is you were wondering what I’m driving at the moment it’s a little Peugeot 205 1.1 B reg.

·
24hr
248 Posts
Take your time then matey and make sure it's exactly what you want. One of the great things about the huge number of options with the MINI is the fact that you can spec the car to exactly how you like like it. Like I said it's your money, make sure it's perfect for you :smile:

What else are you thinking of speccing ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What else are you thinking of speccing ?
From doing the "design your own mini" on the mini site, this is what I'm thinking of adding (most prob I've coppied som stuff thats standard and don't need to be there lol

17" Crown Spoke Alloys
Upholstery
Clth/Lea Ray Carbon Black

CHILI Pack

Limited Slip Differential
Smokers Pack (just for the ash-tray, think a car with no ash-try or cup holders is a step back lol)
Multifunction for S/Wheel
Sport Leather Steer Wheel
Exterior Mirror Pack
Heated Windscreen Washer Jets/Mirrors
Visibility Pack
Floor Mats
Auto-Dim Interior Mirror
Front Centre Arm Rest
Storage Compartment Pack
Front Seat Heating
Colour Line Dark Grey
Park Distance Control
Front Foglights
Rain Sensor & Lights On
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Automatic Air Conditioning
On-Board Computer
Interior Light Pack
White Indicator Lenses

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Russ Swift has or had a D/S MCS (r53) so they aren't bad.

Go for a different colour roof though, and I'd go for dark silver - its rare.

·
* Lab Rat *
411 Posts
After much head scratching I went for dark silver, white roof, mirrors and white crown spokes - make add bonnet striped at some point.

Really good to see this combo on here, it might be a pain to keep clean, but I hear that a good wax will help.

Collecting Monday BTW :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts