MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mini Cooper
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In have just received my ipod adapter. I am fitting it next weekend and was wondering whether anybody had already installed one. If so, where did you install it in the car?

It will be connected to an Alpine CDA 9831. Has anybody used his head unit to control their ipod?

I have read some of the reviews of the adapter posted on the internet and the general view seems to be not bad, but could be better. What are your opinions of it?

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
I don't have one but I would be quite interested in this as well.

I as well have an iPod an a 9831 head unit.

Let me know what its like and how easy it is to fit.

Do you mind me asking how much it was?

Thanks
Olly

·
Registered
241 Posts
Having mine professionally fitted on thurs - he's already done a couple so I'll ask and let you guys know.

Being charged £70 for it plus fitting...

·
MINI2 lurker
613 Posts
I know mikeythemini has already installed one of these. I am going to get one when I return from holiday, it seems from what I have read very easy to install, I'll be doing it myself.

Ill be looking forward to opinions from people. Im thinking about installing it in the drivers side dash (open door - take off cover). I have to decide how im going to mount / where im putting the pod, because there isnt point in having it on show when the screen isnt turned on, and possibly a cover protector for it too.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
I am not an Alpine dealer so info is second hand - we buy from a big Alpine dealer when we need their bits
Have had this adaptor on pre order for a while
Last week a customer callls in with one and gets us to fit it.
I call my alpine dealer to see whats going on he straight away calls alpine, who say we have none - its a gray import?????
It came from an online car audio firm
Anyone else in the UK managed to get one?

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
When I emailed alpine a while ago, they said it would be late october from memory? I know they started sellling them in America in September - so maybe from there?

What was the alpine system like compared to the icelink you sell mikey?

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Loved the way it put the track names scrolling cross the alpine screen, didn
t like the way it turned off ipod screen & didn't like navigation from the alpine

·
Registered
112 Posts
mikeythemini said:
Loved the way it put the track names scrolling cross the alpine screen, didn
t like the way it turned off ipod screen & didn't like navigation from the alpine
Had a play with a M8s today & agree with this. He had his in his BMW & had a fold out screen. Track names were nice but a bit cumberson to scroll through all the albums etc & a bit slow. Think it will need carefull setting up of the playlists & take a while to get used to...

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Would somebody dare compare the Alpine KCA-420i to the Dension Ice-Link ?
I'm still wondering if I should change the HU for an Alpine CDA-9831 (I have the KCA-420i) or just keep the Boost and get the Ice-Link.
Apparently, a new HU makes the whole difference in quality... so I'm leaning towards Alpine's.

--
paco

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
paco said:
Would somebody dare compare the Alpine KCA-420i to the Dension Ice-Link ?
I'm still wondering if I should change the HU for an Alpine CDA-9831 (I have the KCA-420i) or just keep the Boost and get the Ice-Link.
Apparently, a new HU makes the whole difference in quality... so I'm leaning towards Alpine's.

--
paco
The 9831 is a fantastic head unit. Fits with the MINI dash very well, and sounds superb even with the standard speakers

Highly recommended :cool:

Attachments

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Am I hallucinating or is your HU black on this photo ?
We only have silver models here in America..

--
paco

1 - 12 of 12 Posts