MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just had our delivery
Designed for 2004 Ainet units but I here it works with earlier ones, no cradle, displays track names on head unit.
£56+vat £65.80

·
MINI2 lurker
613 Posts
Great !

Shame I cant get one until after my holiday now, got to work out som sort of mounting solution where the ipod isnt visible too !

·
Registered
241 Posts
Had mine installed this morning...

.. the brief play I had with it at lunchtime it's great, although think it'll be better once I've built some playlists rather than trying to trawl thru' all 9000 tracks on my iPod.

Sound quality is fantastic.

Mounting solution - iPod in it's leather holder, to protect the nice silvered finish, upsidedown to expose the port to plug the cable into, but just loose in the glove box. Didn't want anything in the car as mines a cabrio...

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Hey Rich,

Can you browse by albums and genres or only by tracks/filename ?!
*Crosses fingers* :)

--
paco

·
Registered
241 Posts
Uncross your fingers Paco ;)
You can search by Playlist, Artist, Album or Track

Here's a premis of the instructions for using the link with a std CD Headunit (I've got the 9835R)

Select CD Changer source

Press Disc 1 to search by playlist, disc 2 for artist or disc 3 for album
Then press search to start looking - on my HU I can then use the scroll wheel or you can use the '<' '>' buttons
Then press play/pause to select.
(I think from my play at lunchtime you can then drill down in the same way as the iPod or just get it to play the whole Album, Playlist etc but I'll have to go and check)

If you want to just search by track name don't press 1,2 or 3 first.

It's not too complicated at all...... (and a damn sight easier than when I was trying to translate the French instructions on the Alpine stand at the Paris M/show!)

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
French is easy, it all depends on the perspective! :D
Well, this is good news! And now let's wait for the KCA-420i to arrive!

Thanks,

--
paco

1 - 6 of 6 Posts