MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hopefully I'll receive my antenna plug and harness adaptor tomorrow so I can connect my 9831 head unit!! :)
I've got the KCA-420i and my iPod patiently awaiting for the head unit to be installed.

I took pictures of the KCA-420i installation procedures. The KCA-420i is quite small, I modified my MOSS glove box organizer in order to fit the KCA-420i in the glovebox since I didn't want to modify the car itself. I must say it's a perfect fit for both the KCA-420i and iPod.

Imagine driving a MINI without any music whatsoever! It's been like that since last thursday, the guy's going crazy! :D

I'll keep you posted this week! *edit* <-- Yeah right, it's been a really long week! ;)

--
paco

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello all!

Sorry it took so long, I am back from vacations now :)
Here you go, please try not to notice the crappy HTML :D

http://www.pacostudio.com/KCA-420i/

Unfortunately, I did not take any good pictures of the final set-up. Hopefully this will be rectified this week!
Cheers,

--
paco

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
charlief1975 said:
Do you have the MFSW?? If so are you using the IR adapter?
Hello charlief1975,

I do have the MFSW, but did not install the IR transmitter yet. I am planning a PAC SWIX installation this spring (the weather's too cold now!!) because I sure do miss being able to operate the head unit from my steering wheel.

--
paco

·
Registered
121 Posts
paco said:
Hello charlief1975,

I do have the MFSW, but did not install the IR transmitter yet. I am planning a PAC SWIX installation this spring (the weather's too cold now!!) because I sure do miss being able to operate the head unit from my steering wheel.

--
paco
Thanks for the answer...thats exactly the solution I am planning on. If you could maybe take some pics of the unit displaying song names and the such that would be great. I just ordered the KCA today, ordering the HU later in the week.

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jwardell said:
Nicely done. Good idea using the GBO.
Thanks!
I figured it was better to mess with a 50$ piece of equipment than the car's interior ... ;)

--
paco

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
charlief1975 said:
Thanks for the answer...thats exactly the solution I am planning on. If you could maybe take some pics of the unit displaying song names and the such that would be great. I just ordered the KCA today, ordering the HU later in the week.
Hopefully I'll be able to take some night pics tonight, and some day pics tomorrow.
If you're not in a hurry, Alpine just announced their 2005 head unit models.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/company_info/press_release/010605_ready_for_ipod.html

Apparently controlling the iPod is easier now. Oh well, I just bought my 2004 CDA-9831 :(
The set-up is neat, but there is no way of choosing tracks/albums by genre so selecting songs is pretty much a pain (I don't use Playlists).

--
paco

·
Registered
121 Posts
paco said:
Hopefully I'll be able to take some night pics tonight, and some day pics tomorrow.
If you're not in a hurry, Alpine just announced their 2005 head unit models.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/company_info/press_release/010605_ready_for_ipod.html

Apparently controlling the iPod is easier now. Oh well, I just bought my 2004 CDA-9831 :(
The set-up is neat, but there is no way of choosing tracks/albums by genre so selecting songs is pretty much a pain (I don't use Playlists).

--
paco

Someone has to be an early adopter! I wish it was easy to see which ones are new for 05 and offer all the new features. I think may go with the CDA-9851, but I want to make sure I get the latest and greatest.

·
only the brave!
1,249 Posts
I have got the Alpine KCA ipod adaptor and the Alpine 9831R HU and fitted it myself using newministuff adaptors. Must say brilliant no problems with firmware like icelink etc fully controlable with MFSW, displays MPS, ID3 tags, just plug and play and listen!!!

Ive put my KCA in the glove box with my ipod mini sitting nicely in the little slot in the drawer for the glove box, will post some pics, soon as i take some!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got my KCA yesterday, now to get the HU. I am also planning of doing the install in the glovebox with the organizer. Works out really great for me.

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
venox22 said:
I have got the Alpine KCA ipod adaptor and the Alpine 9831R HU and fitted it myself using newministuff adaptors. Must say brilliant no problems with firmware like icelink etc fully controlable with MFSW, displays MPS, ID3 tags, just plug and play and listen!!!

Ive put my KCA in the glove box with my ipod mini sitting nicely in the little slot in the drawer for the glove box, will post some pics, soon as i take some!
We can't get the 'R' models in America :(
Hopefully, this will be rectified with 2005 models!

--
paco

·
Registered
759 Posts
ah yeh, cheers....your using a glove box divider...i didnt know if there was a sneaky way of hiding it using standard kit

thanks for the pics though, i'm sure they'll come in usefull for 95% of the way :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts