MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this Alta is for sale, but I have a few questions?
1. Which version is it(does not say in ad)?
2. Can I fit an Alta air box top?
3. can it be cleaned?

Thanks in advance

·
-=(Mini)=-
28 Posts
Hey,

Looks like this one:

Alta Mini Performance - Intake System Classic 6-spd

The box top, according to ALTA should fit:

"Available in both matte black or high gloss silver powdercoat to accompany either the Classic or Version 2.0 Intake systems."

ALTA also sells cleaner liquid, so yes, cleaning is possible (and looks like it would be needed as well).

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
It looks like mine (a version 1... but still Ok, I tweeked mine to be even better)

You can buy a top box (lid) for it

yes but you need to use a pipercross style cleaner kit for foam filters (can get in halford or any good motorfactors).... not K&N cotton cleaner

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the cleaner kit from my K&N from my old car

·
Registered
158 Posts
Bright red and bright blue on the same induction kit. Looks like the canine's first meal of the day...

·
Noob
247 Posts
I hassled Alta about making a blue filter component, but no joy I'm afraid.

It doesn't look that bad. ;)

:indi:
Nice! I've been enquiring for a V2 from Alta recently. Do you remember how much you paid for it to be shipped to Canberra? Or did you get it elsewhere?

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Do not use the KN filter cleaner on the alta!]#

The KN filtwers are cotton gauze filters, not foam. Foam filters use a different solution. Use pipercross cleaner as they make foam filters, KN only make cotton gauze ones so thier kit is wrong for the alta....also thier re-oil stuff is the wrong sort for a foam filter. I know as I used to run KNs and then bought an alta and I looked into being able to use the cleaner kit. I checked consistencies etc against foam kits the stuff is very very different and just wont work....it may even damage something (although that I can't verify as I never actually used the N stuff on the alta).

·
Supercharger Noiseaholic
186 Posts
Make sure you put a lid on it, when i fitted mine i ran it without a lid and the IAT was bad (ambient + 15)

Chucked the lid on and gained 1PSI @ 7mph and the IATs went down to ambient+6

This was all done on the same night down the same bit of motorway.

If you do fit the lid, make sure all the edges of the lid are on the OUTSIDE of the box, not the inside like the book suggests.

·
Blue is the colour!
13,507 Posts
Nice! I've been enquiring for a V2 from Alta recently. Do you remember how much you paid for it to be shipped to Canberra? Or did you get it elsewhere?
Sorry for the late reply. I bought it as part of a Group Buy and a pretty good price was done for the 12 or so of us from Australia that bought in. I can't remember the price exactly, but I think it may have been around $340 shipped???

·
Noob
247 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. I bought it as part of a Group Buy and a pretty good price was done for the 12 or so of us from Australia that bought in. I can't remember the price exactly, but I think it may have been around $340 shipped???
Ahh. Damn. Wish I was here on these forums already! I doubt there'd be any chance of another similar group buy for Aussies? Hahaha.

Thanks for the reply anyway mate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts