MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys does anyone know how much does the Alta CDI cost in Australia?

also, anyone here in australia installed Alta 15%pulley? how much does that cost including installation in sydney?

thax guys

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
HE is talking about when he his late home and he has cold dinners - Cold Dinner Intake...:p

·
Brass Cannons
3,488 Posts
If you do mean Alta CAI I will have one for sale (low milage) early January when my JCW airbox goes on. If you want one new including silicone hose about $600

·
10,324 Posts
Does yours have the red silicone piping?

Todd

·
10,324 Posts
That guy has gone red crazy!!!

Todd

·
Brass Cannons
3,488 Posts
enzothemaddog said:
GoGadget, I've got a red silicone hosed Alta catch can unopened if you want: $150?
Thanks for the offer, and the fact that it's RED I almost went for it :p , however a catch can isn't on my mod list :D so I'll have to pass. But thanks again for giving me first refusal.

PS When we going to see you on a run?............I haven't seen your MINI in the metal, I wana see all your CF :D

·
10,324 Posts
WTF does a oil catch can do??

Why would I need it on a stock Mini Cooper S?

Would it be worth me getting an Oil cooler or one of these?

Todd

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
Red&blackS said:
WTF does a oil catch can do??

Why would I need it on a stock Mini Cooper S?

Would it be worth me getting an Oil cooler or one of these?

Todd
I think it catches the gluggy/used oil which usually gets trapped in the intercooler and affects the HP and performance.
Its really useful for modded minis as it saves the engine from gunk build up in crucial places, especially if you're going to run it hard/track.
Oil cooler is different as it cools the oil whereas this filters the crap out of the lines. Considering an oil cooler is about $1100?? from Peak, its a good cheap way to keep the engine healthy.

From a previous post about the AMG pulley install, I think Peak did mine including belt for about $250. AMG is good but absolute rip off, apart from the AMG gear they sell which is quite well priced.

N

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
As part of the emission control, crankcase (or from your rocker cover) emission is being recirculated into your intake for combustion. Problems - these fumes often carries oil in it and these fume can reduce octane level of the fuel in an combustion..that's one story I've heard.

You only need to go and clean it up once or twice a year, depending on how many km's and how hard you drive the car - typically a 4 cyclinder engine will collect 200-300ml of oil in a year I've been told. No idea, it could be BS. It says it should increase HP and reduce fuel consumption but who knows.

·
10,324 Posts
Thanks guys!

From what I understand the Peak oil cooler is the standard Cooper CVT transmission cooler with lines running to and from the oil... it even mounts in the same place?

I was thinking aobt getting hte oil cooler and doing it myself, with the help of a qualified friend.. save some coin?

Todd

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Peak wants a grand for it fitted, ALS did the Greendevil for $700..and yes they all fitted to where the stock oil cooler is.

Moss Mini in the US have a kit for under $300USD so I'd say about $500 landed if the tax man didn't hit you too hard. Apparently it can be slapped on and running in about 3 hours. The oil cooler core isn't as big as the CVT bit but I guess it does the job. I've noticed the MCS runs a bit cooler than the MC and the only thing different between them is the oil cooler. Not sure what's the benefit besides the oil is cooler.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone know is it cheaper to buy the pulley kit from the USA and install in Aus or just buy and install in here?

anyone here installed 15% pulley, intake and reprogram ECU ?

anyone know how fast 0-100km/h after these mod?

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
asinn said:
anyone know is it cheaper to buy the pulley kit from the USA and install in Aus or just buy and install in here?

anyone here installed 15% pulley, intake and reprogram ECU ?

anyone know how fast 0-100km/h after these mod?
Get pulley from OS, much ceaper and rarely will one be caught in customs.
I think alot of people in Oz have done above mods. Their pretty standard bits to do.
As for times, we're doing a dyno day soon which should compare everything from stock to what you asked. There should be an AMD, and a few MTH (including myself). The MTH dyno result will be good as we'll have some good data on differences.
We might even see some horsepower being shown with a Lambros exhaust :eek: :eek:

Any one know where to get dry ice :p :p

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Fuk dry ice, just get a bottle of NOS and spray it across the intercooler like what the smart people did in Adelaide Auto Slapon (oops Salon) did a few moons back. I still haven't call you Nick but won't be long ;)

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
dairyboy said:
Fuk dry ice, just get a bottle of NOS and spray it across the intercooler like what the smart people did in Adelaide Auto Slapon (oops Salon) did a few moons back. I still haven't call you Nick but won't be long ;)
no worries mate, you've got a race prepped MCS to play with......we all understand. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts