MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
red5 said:
Any one heard any more info on AMG selling Alta parts in oz ? ............
Hi,

As far as I can recall from previous posts Brad (Cityclinic) had spoken to them, and they were importing a limited run of parts, and were going to see how that went. However, last time I spoke to Brad he said many parts had allready been "spoken for". Why don't you ring them direct?

Robbo

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
TRELO said:
:eek: about time :D
I guess there is usually a problem with first shipments however, knowing AMG, I am sure the bugs have now been worked out and future shipments will be fine. :p I'm going down this morning to help Chris with the showroom and pick up the Intercooler, Brakes and no doubt a couple of other impulse buy bits. :D Damn the stuff is bloody expensive ... I better leave the credit card at home or I'm likely to be maxing it out ... :( :(

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
cityclinic said:
I guess there is usually a problem with first shipments however, knowing AMG, I am sure the bugs have now been worked out and future shipments will be fine. :p I'm going down this morning to help Chris with the showroom and pick up the Intercooler, Brakes and no doubt a couple of other impulse buy bits. :D Damn the stuff is bloody expensive ... I better leave the credit card at home or I'm likely to be maxing it out ... :( :(
Helping Chris out to get better prices for you are we ? :D :p :p

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
TRELO said:
Helping Chris out to get better prices for you are we ? :D :p :p
You can only hope ;) .... the main reason is they only brought 2 of each of most of the range in on this shipment so I'm getting to see it come off the truck, and in some cases, straight into the back of the MINI :p then over to ALS for fitting. :D

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
cityclinic said:
You can only hope ;) .... the main reason is they only brought 2 of each of most of the range in on this shipment so I'm getting to see it come off the truck, and in some cases, straight into the back of the MINI :p then over to ALS for fitting. :D
ALS !! :eek: last time I went there I got a Supercharger kit on my brand new E46 323 and then 2 weeks later my engine blew :confused: . $$$$$$ . Andrew then didn't even want to know. :mad:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
TRELO said:
ALS !! :eek: last time I went there I got a Supercharger kit on my brand new E46 323 and then 2 weeks later my engine blew :confused: . $$$$$$ . Andrew then didn't even want to know. :mad:
Thats interesting, I've always found ALS to be quite good. My first choice would be Ludwig Fineur however he is down in Berry or thereabouts these days. Ludwig built a bullet proof 280 bph motor and all the running gear for my E30. Very quick :D :D ... pity it was stolen :mad: :mad:

·
Track Pal
298 Posts
ALS in my view have a high level of technical competence. Aparently the the blown 323 story is quiet famous. Supercharged to 10psi and 15,000 km down the track standard unleaded fuel was used (91 RON) when 98 RON only was advised...

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
Greendevil said:
ALS in my view have a high level of technical competence. Aparently the the blown 323 story is quiet famous. Supercharged to 10psi and 15,000 km down the track standard unleaded fuel was used (91 RON) when 98 RON only was advised...
Its interesting how the story changed :) , I always use 98 octane as im no tightass ;) , the car wasn't even towed back to him so how can he know what fuel was in there? . Did he also tell you that he couldn't tune the car and i was there nearly everyday to tune the computer, or when i went to pick the car up it was never there to be picked up. Not only that, he also buckled 2 of my rims which each wheel cost me $1100 to replace. Do you also want me to show you the bodgy fuel rail he made as well as I have still got all the peices left hanging with the engine at Peak Performance. :) . All I can say is that they talk alot of bullsh$t of ways to improve your car.

·
JCW No. 1459
869 Posts
IML337 said:
Hey Brad, tell Chris I said hello. I bumped a rear rim on a kerb at Krispy Kreme the other week :(
Excess sugar can have that effect ;)

It's not a nice feeling though ... haven't managed to do it in the MCS yet but I remember one very ugly parking experience in the S3 :( :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
IML337 said:
Hey Brad, tell Chris I said hello. I bumped a rear rim on a kerb at Krispy Kreme the other week :(
I'll do that. Chris and Brian have asked me to help them organise a MINI night at their Showroom to showoff the Alta range and some new wheels for MINI's they are importing. The Alta stuff looks great .... :p excellent quality and I guess it would want to be cause it certainly ain't cheap. :( :(

Picked up my new Intercooler, Brakes (that would stop a truck) and a funky little arial that looks really cool and actually works. Spoke to Trelo and he asked Chris to put the only other intercooler they had left away for him to pick up when he gets back from the Grand Prix.

I was really hoping to have all the new goodies on the MINI for the Cronulla Car Show this weekend ...... won't happen :( however they will be on for the next track day at EC. :D :D

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
cityclinic said:
I'll do that. Chris and Brian have asked me to help them organise a MINI night at their Showroom to showoff the Alta range and some new wheels for MINI's they are importing. The Alta stuff looks great .... :p excellent quality and I guess it would want to be cause it certainly ain't cheap. :( :(

Picked up my new Intercooler, Brakes (that would stop a truck) and a funky little arial that looks really cool and actually works. Spoke to Trelo and he asked Chris to put the only other intercooler they had left away for him to pick up when he gets back from the Grand Prix.

I was really hoping to have all the new goodies on the MINI for the Cronulla Car Show this weekend ...... won't happen :( however they will be on for the next track day at EC. :D :D
I just picked up my Intercooler ( not cheap :eek: ) & arial from Chris at AMG. Intercooler looks very good. I was thinking of getting the Oil catch can but maybe it wont fit on my car due to the Oil Cooler lines :confused: :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
TRELO said:
I just picked up my Intercooler ( not cheap :eek: ) & arial from Chris at AMG. Intercooler looks very good. I was thinking of getting the Oil catch can but maybe it wont fit on my car due to the Oil Cooler lines :confused: :confused:
Hi Trelo,
The Intercooler is a nice bit of gear and as you say not cheap. You can locate the Oil Catch Can in the vent area. I noticed there were two positions indicated in the fitting instructions. One down near where your Oil Cooler hoses run on your MINI and the other in the vent area.

Attachments

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
cityclinic said:
Hi Trelo,
The Intercooler is a nice bit of gear and as you say not cheap. You can locate the Oil Catch Can in the vent area. I noticed there were two positions indicated in the fitting instructions. One down near where your Oil Cooler hoses run on your MINI and the other in the vent area.
Do you carry a greater volume of oil with all this stuff?? If so, how much?? That would be an advantage :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
swamos said:
Do you carry a greater volume of oil with all this stuff?? If so, how much?? That would be an advantage :)
At this stage no changes to Oil quantity on JCWMCS. The oil temp does get very high when tracking and we will be adding an oil cooler like Trelo's to assist with this problem.

We are trying to find a happy medium in setting the car up for an occasional track day, using it for the Clubs Social Runs and general use. Adding the larger Intercooler, Oil Cooler and Oil Catch Can will help us meet those objectives. The bigger brakes will solve the fade problem we are getting when tracking. We are happy with the suspension and whilst we won't be able to match it with Trelo and Robbo, the car retains a reasonable ride quality for the club runs and general use, which is where it spends most of it's time.

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
cityclinic said:
Hi Trelo,
Oh good , might just give Chris from AMG a call now :D :D

1 - 20 of 170 Posts