MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Well decided to treat my MCS to an early Christmas present or two. I had been reading various posts about the Alta Quick shift, it got really good reviews, so decided to purchase one. Rang Minispeed and asked about the Alta quick shift for my 05 MCS, they were excellent. I was put through to a gentleman named Steve Galloway when I mentioned being a MINI2 Privileged Member and he answered all my questions and informed me that there was 10% off 90% of the products they stocked. He also promised to send me the new Minspeed catalogue when it came out and keep me informed of any promotions. I have to say it was a real pleasure shopping with them and i will definately look to them first when ordering any products.

Oh and I don't work for Minispeed, not giving them a free plug or anything.....lol :)

The next person I have to compliment is Doug Whalen, Whalen Shift Machine. I drew up a rough design e-mailed it to him and he answered almost immediately saying he would be only to happy to do the design. So I am just waiting to contact him once again to go ahead with the making of the knob.

Well I guess I'll have to stop spending money on my MINI now and save up for prezzies for the family :)

PS
Anyone have the Alta & Whalen or can point me in direction of posts reviews Thanks.....

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Make sure you tell Doug that it is for an Alta...as the Alta shifter needs a different mechanism for the knob.

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pezboy

Already told Doug, had read a post about the Alta being threaded and not just a clip on type.

Thanks anyway it's good to see members loking out for eachother, this to me is all part of what being a MINI owner and member of MINI2 is all about.

Kotz : )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts