MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what anyone elses experience with these has been, but mine was less than satisfactory. I have a 2002 MCS 6 speed and the hoses I got from ALTA were crap!

For $200 I was expecting premium parts that were at least as good as the factory hoses. On the contrary! The main problem I had was the long hose that went from the water pump to the bottom of the radiator didn't have all the proper bends and as a result it pressed up against the fan on the radiator. To keep the fan from machining itself through the hose, I had to rig it with zip ties and a spacer. Not my idea of a proper job! :angry:

Then within a few weeks I started getting little puddles of coolant in my driveway. :aargh: Pulling that modular front end off was so much fun the first time, I couldn't wait to do it again. :( Turned out the hose had developed a leak at the water pump fitting. :confused:

Needless to say I went to the dealer and bought the proper hose. Sorry for the rant, but I thought everyone should know.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Did you call Alta to ask them what the problem was? It sounds like you were shipped or ordered the wrong hose to be honest and more than likely they would have rectified it on the spot. I have had no problems with them at all and their customer service is very good.

You also state that the hose developed a leak at the fitting. Do you mean the hose had a hole in it or it was leaking from the junction due to fitting?

Anyway, I'm glad that you got it resolved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts