MINI Cooper Forum banner

when wuold it be best to go to Alton Towers?

• May in the week?

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • May at the weekend?

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • June in the week

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • June at the weekend

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the new year has started and some of you are asking about MINI meets in 2002. Well for starters some of the usual suspects have suggested a meet at Alton Towers. Yhe first thing to dettle is when would it be bestfor you to go? May or June would be best we were thinking please use the poll to tell us what you think
Your MINI community needs YOU:D :D :D

Ady (R50)

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry MINIMARK

sorry MINIMARK i had to delete the thread and start again to post a poll
Ady (R50)

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
It should be quiter in the week but don't forget a lot of schools go to Alton Towers in June and July and the little kiddies may get in the way!:mad:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
As long as its after May 1st because I should have my car by then so any time after that :) :)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Count me in!

Ady,

I have voted for weekends in May, however, weekday is also OK providing I have plenty of notice in order to get a day off work :D :D :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
As long as we get it sorted soon enough, we can all book time off wrk. Then find a car park 2 have some fun in. woooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo

Mark

Good lad R50

·
Registered
44 Posts
total gridlock especially Alton Towers in June

I agree that a week day would be quieter, but we will definitely get a much better attendance at the weekend . I've voted for May to avoid school holidays.

I'd predict this year is going to be total gridlock especially Alton Towers in June. After the 11th September many more people will be holidaying at home and any nice weekend will be mad.:(

Still stuck in traffic I can't imagine anything better than to be surrounded by hundreds of MINI's the crowds would love to watch a stream of us.:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think a weekday is the best time too BUT DAMN IT I'M A TEACHER!!!:mad:

That means for the next 40 years or so the only time I'll have off is at the same time as the kids DOH!:p

I do like the idea of a load of us cruising through a load of staring people!:cool: :cool: :cool:

So I've gotta say May weekend as a compromise.:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
May's good for me, (I've got exams in June!)

Beginning of June is likely to be busy as we have a 2 day bank holiday...When is half term for schools, isn't that normally at the end of May? Does it co-incide with the long weekend?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I vote for May

Will be nice and sunny. For some reason the weather always seems to take a turn for the worse come June.

LMB:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any time you want!

I would like to take part on a mini-meet in June as well as May but I have to know the exactly date early enough to plan my "journey", watch out for a hotel, a ferry and much more. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts