MINI Cooper Forum banner

Am I crazy?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  benptooey 
#1 ·
I have just wrote off my vauxhall vectra and so am on the hunt for a new car. I love minis but my dilema is I have three children 6, 5 and 1. We have a big family car so it will only be me and the kids for school runs etc but is it ridiculous to consider it with three kids? And also people keep mentioning safety to me because of lack of boot in a rear end collision, any thoughts? After my last very practical but boring car, I would just like to buy something that I love and can havesome fun in.

#3 ·
with three kids, etc the mini would be too small for you and you would regret buying it.

the clubman is not much of a difference and would still leave you short of space.

it would be ok as a second car for a bit of fun, but not as your one and only main car.

what about a golf R32 or somthing like that ?

#4 ·
We have a big family car so it will only be me and the kids for school runs etc.
it would be ok as a second car for a bit of fun, but not as your one and only main car.
;)

I can't see any reason not to get it, people used to manage with much smaller cars than we do now, no idea why so many people seem to think a MINI wont cut it with kids, especially as a second car. :D

#5 ·
Thanks for your comments. I am off tomorrow to try it out. I know I can only get two of the children in the back but that doesn't bother me as even in the vectra, because the kids are in car seats, I couldn't get all three in the back so makes no difference really. The two older ones fasten themselves in so thats ok and we will use the big car if we are all going out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.