MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering getting a new 05 cooper S (probably placing the order within a month if I decide to go for it). Trying to pick a fun option list without blowing my budget is a problem i'm sure many of you have had. So here's what I've come up with so far:

Red w/ white roof
Chrome line exterior - US$250
Premium package $1350
Cold weather package $300
Xenon headlights - $550
Chrome line interior - $200
Garage door opener - $200
HK sound system - $550 ??
Aux input - ??
Union Jack valve stem caps - I know they'll get stolen within a week but they're so cool I can't resist

Total comes out to about US$24,000. So the question is what other options did you guys get that you really like and you think are worth the extra bucks? Also post if you've found any of the things I have on that list to be not really worth the money.

Also, the dealer near me (mini of sterling) will install aftermarket performance parts and warranty them for the length of the factory warranty. They offer a borla exhaust, intake, pulley and reprogrammed ecu for $4200 installed w/ warranty. Any thoughts on that deal? (the warranty on those parts is only good at that particular dealership)

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Cold weather pack..... in Virginia???
The Canadians are laughing at you :D

Kidding. Welcome to the site.
You'll like the Performance mods. MIght as well plan on getting them.
Personally there's thingsyou've listed I'd skip to get the Perf Pack, but it's not my car.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It all depends. If you're thinking about resale value, some of that stuff may not be worth much later: Chrome line exterior; cold weather package in VA???; I don't think the Xenons are worth $550 and you'll never recoup that on resale, ditto on the HK sound system, garage door opener. Valve caps = waste of $$, will be stolen in weeks.

But, if resale's not important and you really like the stuff, go for it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd add this too...

I'd add the Auto-Dim rearview mirror and automatic wipers. It's a pretty cheap upgrade and mighty convenient.

Rawhyde

PS I have an auto-dim rearview mirror in one of my cars and liked it enough to retrofit it in other cars.

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
I love my multi function steering wheel and the anthracite headlining. Keep the xenon's as they look great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replys guys. I test drove the S again last friday and I'm about 1000% sure i'm going to buy one. It is seriously the most fun car I've ever driven. I know that a bunch of the stuff I listed there is unnecessary like the cold weather package but come on, heated seats.. how cool is that. I think i'll probably skip the HK sound system just because the regular one didn't sound too bad on the test drive. I even brought a couple CDs along. I could probably lose the garage door opener too. Looks like i have a lot more researching to do on here. I guess that's what work is for. :D

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
jbloggs_C said:
Thanks for all the replys guys. I test drove the S again last friday and I'm about 1000% sure i'm going to buy one. It is seriously the most fun car I've ever driven. I know that a bunch of the stuff I listed there is unnecessary like the cold weather package but come on, heated seats.. how cool is that. I think i'll probably skip the HK sound system just because the regular one didn't sound too bad on the test drive. I even brought a couple CDs along. I could probably lose the garage door opener too. Looks like i have a lot more researching to do on here. I guess that's what work is for. :D
I agree, the heated seats would be cool, but not in Phoenix, Arizona! I get those for free! Just have to leave the car outside in the sun! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check out the driving lights - they are amazing. I also added the aero kit and R90/17 tires. The aux input is great for trips, if you have an mp3 player. I set mine and drove from Phila to Pitts without a break in great music. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
what no sport package with the 17" Rims?

I ended up order an 05 S with all of the 3 packages and the HK upgrade.
should be delivered by the end of the month (current on the Jingu Maru somewhere in the atlantic). Guys at work have been ribbing me about getting the heated seats (we're in maryland so our winter is about the same) but who cares, it's my car. I've been thinking about doing some after market things to it, but only some minor stuff (like maybe a new intake and defintely a push button start)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts