MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Because I Am !!??
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave my baby the full Meguairs treatment inside and out at the weekend and it's been sitting in the garage all clean and gleaming. Problem is, I need to go out but it's raining and the roads are wet and I don't want to get my baby dirty. My girlfriend says I am mad and it's only a car............ only a car !!!
Am I mad ?

Gordo :rolleyes:

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
El Gordo said:
Gave my baby the full Meguairs treatment inside and out at the weekend and it's been sitting in the garage all clean and gleaming. Problem is, I need to go out but it's raining and the roads are wet and I don't want to get my baby dirty. My girlfriend saya I am mad and it's only a car............ only a car !!!
Am I mad ?

Mad - Hell no. It's not only a car, it's a Mini!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Gordo your lucky you get to keep your clean baby in a garage! I have to subject my baby to the streets! Agghh! I know what you mean though! I don't like it either!

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
If you're mad, I am too! I cringe when I have to drive my car in the rain. I know the back side will get filthy, if nothing else.

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Mad as me.....it snowed last weekend..but the streets are still sloppy and then there's the sand...no...Benny can rest inside clean and comfortable in his heated garage until things get better. I have other cars for these conditions.

Peter...good thing he never had children...in Denver

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Peter Crowl said:
Mad as me.....it snowed last weekend..but the streets are still sloppy and then there's the sand...no...Benny can rest inside clean and comfortable in his heated garage until things get better. I have other cars for these conditions.

Peter...good thing he never had children...in Denver
Sand? over here they cover the roads in rocksalt :(

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
mad is when you have just washed it and your driving along and out of nowhere a puddle appears - you sweat - take evasive action like its bambi standing in the road and nearly hit a tree :D

that is mad maaaan :D

·
Off to the Dealer
161 Posts
El Gordo said:
Gave my baby the full Meguairs treatment inside and out at the weekend and it's been sitting in the garage all clean and gleaming. Problem is, I need to go out but it's raining and the roads are wet and I don't want to get my baby dirty. My girlfriend says I am mad and it's only a car............ only a car !!!
Am I mad ?
You meant to say ex-girlfriend, didn't you? :D

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
El Gordo said:
Am I mad ?

I know the feeling :(
I wonder if they sell car ubrellas on E-Bay :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Yeah, annoying, but one thing with the MINI that soothes those thoughts away is the fact that the MINI is meant to be driven. Driven hard and driven well. If you look at it that way, some scratches, paint imperfections, water spots, etc. won't bug you so much. I think the MINI manual or unauthorized manual states, in general, the same idea.

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
scooby212 said:
mad is when you have just washed it and your driving along and out of nowhere a puddle appears - you sweat - take evasive action like its bambi standing in the road and nearly hit a tree :D

that is mad maaaan :D

yup, know that one (maybe not hitting a tree, but certainly swerving to avoid puddles!)

·
Because I Am !!??
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I walked to the shops and back a round trip of over 4 miles to pick a few things up !! And all to save my baby from getting dirty !! Yep, I think she has a point and I may be slightly mad !!??

Gordo

·
Registered
514 Posts
El Gordo said:
Well I walked to the shops and back a round trip of over 4 miles...
Not only are you wise to keep Mini out of such bad conditions, but you've just gotten some excellent exercise. I think you're doubly smart!! :D:D

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Courtesy of www.dictionary.com:

'Mad' can be defined as:

1 - Angry; resentful.
2 - Suffering from a disorder of the mind; insane.
3 - Temporarily or apparently deranged by violent sensations, emotions, or ideas: mad with jealousy.
4 - Lacking restraint or reason; foolish: I was mad to have hired her in the first place.
5 - Feeling or showing strong liking or enthusiasm: mad about sports.
6 - Marked by extreme excitement, confusion, or agitation; frantic: a mad scramble for the bus.
7 - Boisterously gay; hilarious: had a mad time.
8 - Affected by rabies; rabid.

How many do you qualify for? ;)

Does moving your MINI around outside the house (during the winter) so it stays in the sun (keep it warm) count?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts