MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Vancouver, BC Canada and thinking of buying a convertible.
I see that the production is ending this month (July).
I also see that Mini.ca still has the configurator running.
So, I wondering if I can still order it to my spec, or have to "choose" from the ones left on the lot.
BTW, I'm thinking about getting the sidewalk pkg.
Any comment would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No more orders for 2008 Cabrios...

I'm from Vancouver, BC Canada and thinking of buying a convertible.
I see that the production is ending this month (July).
I also see that Mini.ca still has the configurator running.
So, I wondering if I can still order it to my spec, or have to "choose" from the ones left on the lot.
BTW, I'm thinking about getting the sidewalk pkg.
Any comment would be appreciated.
I found out the hard way that Mini is no longer taking orders for 2008 Cabrios. I placed an order for a Sidewalk June 28th, before they stopped taking orders. Apparently, however, Mini without warning stopped offering the Sidewalk package that weekend without notifying dealers. Unfortunately the dealer I ordered from didn't check on my order for a week (despite telling me he would... grrr...) and my production slot was deleted. By the time the error was revealed (Jul 5), we found out that Mini had stopped taking any new orders and had frozen existing orders. So you, like me, would have to take what's "on the lot."

Or, you can wait until this winter and order a 2009 (depending on which drive you like better), and that should be delivered sometime this spring!

Hope that helps...

·
totalMINI punto com
222 Posts
Drive difference?

I found out the hard way that Mini is no longer taking orders for 2008 Cabrios. [... ] Or, you can wait until this winter and order a 2009 (depending on which drive you like better), and that should be delivered sometime this spring! ...
Was wondering what you meant by "which drive you like better" in your reply? I would like to know if there is an anticipated difference in driving experience and what it would be due to?

Just curious as I am waiting on the new engine to be in the Cabrio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, the new Cabrio will have the same engine as the second generation hardtop. It's a six speed instead of a five speed. Some people say they "feel the car" more with the 2008 engine than with the new one. I don't think I'm sophisticated enough really to tell the difference, personally, but I guess I was suggesting there are going to be several differences between the 2008 and 2009 convertibles, and you can get a sense of some of these by checking out the hardtop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts