MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has memorized their VIN number? I can't remember my own phone number or birthday, but somehow through tracking this dern car I now have memorized all 13 digits of my VIN! How sad is that?!

·
OCD MINI Owner
33 Posts
I know mine by heart too. It is like having a child and knowing their social security number. It comes in handy to know the VIN off the top off your head. And it impresses those around you, who usually cast doubtful glances when you can just spout it out in one breath.

So, no, you're not alone on this one.

Have fun waiting- the process is really fun and definately worth it!

Motor on. :indi:

·
Proud new owner
31 Posts
I know mine as well. At least I'm not the only one! lol I swear that sometimes these boards feel more like therapy! :p It's definitely from using the WW site, that is, until Stitch ended up on a K-line ship.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Yeah, same here. Although the letters/numbers/letters/numbers pattern helped me remember it, the constant typing it in did the trick.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Even worse...

Not only do I have it memorized, I have it written down in conspicuous locations at home and work in case I need it for something and suddenly can't remember it!

These boards aren't LIKE therapy - they ARE therapy! ;)

I just got updated to "At the VPC" so I figger I'm on a truck by now...

·
Motoring At Last!
49 Posts
HVY WGHT said:
I know mine by heart too. It is like having a child and knowing their social security number.
Um... no.

I can recite my VIN, but I haven't got a clue what my daughter's SS No. is!

:p

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Oh yes! I can still remember it!

My wife thinks I'm nuts/sick, the family members no longer want to sing along, and my insurance agent almost fell out of her chair when I rattled it off!

Isn't having a MINI grand?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts