MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if any of you have recently bought the new issue of gomini then you will have seen members of mini2 in there at amd technik in bicester testing the power of their cars on the rolling road facility!

would anyone else be interested in this?

i am trying to find out prices but would be good if anyone knows the cost! is it per car or per session?

thanks people

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dyno

cheers paul, i looked up the dyno day after i posted my thread and have now got all the details! i am very interested in the next one, so put me down for it if you remember!

i keep checking the posts!!

n04cm

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
would be interested but heard that it can damage your car as there is no real air getting through despite fans and whatnot :(

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have got an email back from amd saying they are not going to do anymore rolling road days for groups of cars due to insurance purposes.

they will do single tests but at a cost for the insurace side of things!!

·
Keeper of the Golden Pie.
350 Posts
Bummer !! Was that wiv AMD ? I organised (looking for a better use of a word !!!) the last one - featured in GoMini. I pick up my Cooper S on Saturday, so would like to know what that is popping out at the wheels !!
I'll look around and see who else might be interested in hosting a similar day.
I know the guys who did my mates Ultima http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dwbrown/runabout.jpg are fairly open to groups of hot cars coming down.

·
Clio 197 R27
2,235 Posts
notts04chillimini said:
if any of you have recently bought the new issue of gomini then you will have seen members of mini2 in there at amd technik in bicester testing the power of their cars on the rolling road facility!

would anyone else be interested in this?

i am trying to find out prices but would be good if anyone knows the cost! is it per car or per session?

thanks people
If there is one in March I would be interested, as I could get my Milltek whilst I was there :D

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guy from amd said no, never again for such avents, due to insurance,
but who knows what they might do in future

it would be good tho if someone can find an alternate rolling road venue! i thought AMD would have been well up for it again as they got good publicity and feedback from the last one from go mini!! i am sure 30 quid a car can cover their insurance costs, but i dont know the insurance ins and outs of these events so i wouldnt know what the implications are as regards rolling road events and cover for the host company!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've just had mine done at MiniSpeed (www.minispeed.co.uk), Byfleet Surrey. Nice guys. Cost £45, but should be less if a load of you go. Very pleased as got 180BHP from my stock MCS. He had to look under the bonnet to check for any mods!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a very good contact down in Southampton that we could arrange a RR day with next year. Usually ends up being £25-30 a car, dependant on the amount of cars run.

Would be happy to put whoever needs to be, in contact with them nearer the time :)

·
Keeper of the Golden Pie.
350 Posts
Cool, I don't mind doing the organising again...... Mail me the details and I'll start a thread for next year.
Anyone got any ideas for dates (months).
I'm thinking march as jan / feb might be a bit a bit tight for everyone after the xmas excesses !!

·
Loud and Proud
239 Posts
I'm up for. Again!!

I might have a secret mod up my sleave by then too. Coopers - watch out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.