MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

does anyone here got a 19% pulley with AMD oneclick?

does the AMD oneclick have a seperate map for the 19%? will the 15% oneclick map work on a 19% pulley?

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Don't see why not - these cars run sooo rich IMHO even if they're forced with 25psi it still shouldn't ping. There are others who's running 17% pulley without any sort of software upgrade - their engines won't blown it just that it's not making the most out of the pulley upgrade.

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
from what i know AmD only do the ECU for the 15%...

apparently when you run a 19% an ECU has no benefit (dont really know much about this, just heard it here somewhere:))

If you want an AmD 15% pulley get one from that sale going on! such a bargain! im ordering mine as soon as they respond to my PM...

it costs USD$75 shipped to Oz... which is about 96 aus dollars :) very excited...:p

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
I spoke to QSZ about this a while ago and was told that it would not work properly with the 19% pulley.
Something about fuel ratio not working with programme.
Apparently only effective with 15% pulley.

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
The map on the oneclick can only be guaranteed to be effective with a 15% pulley

The oneclick does lean out the a/f ratio a bit, but a 19% forces more air into the engine than a 15% does, so it may end up too lean. I think this is why AmD will tell you it's not a good idea...

Do you really want a 19% pulley though?!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
19% is not a good idea????

just that i am not a track person, most of my driving is on street, and i rather go over 6000 rpm......... thats why i was thinking about getting 19% pulley........ and i thought that 19% will make the supercharge start abit eariler .......

but i still haven't made up my mind yet

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Just get a 17%, I think (do a search if you like) there's hardly any difference between the 17 and the 19 besides the response but it doesn't increase any top end power.

·
Nut Job
201 Posts
If you do the 19%, and plan on romping the crap out of it, re-torque your head bolts first....and keep an eye on it. Someone needs to make a stud kit for this head soon...

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
I think ARP makes a head stud for it. Maybe e-mail Alta or M7 and get them take a look at the problem? They probably will work on a fix at a price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts