MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I sold my 2003 E46 M3 a few weeks back and brought an MCS (Jan 03 - Dark Silver).

After driving the MCS for a few days I think it's a great car and pretty quick when going from A to B but it lacks a bit of in-gear acceration at times.

I'm thinking about heading down to AMD to get a stage 1 upgrade : http://auto-amd.com/minicoopers.asp.

Anyone had this done and care to share their thoughts? Does it make a big difference?

At this point I'm not ready to pay out for a works kit (at least until I find one to drive) and so I'm looking for a cheaper option.

Any feedback/thoughts etc very welcome.
cheers,

Rich

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Shop around, AMD are not the only option (far from it), check the MINI2 Sponsor Directory (www.mini2.com/sponsors) and browse this forum to find out more.

I've had a BBR 220 conversion on my Cooper S for over a year, very happy with it, drive it a lot in probably an "unhealthy" manner so far as engine care goes, and it's very strong, and a lot of fun. But almost every tuner's kit will offer a different "feel" and most get the power in slightly different ways.

:)

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
the AmD Stage 1 kit showed a gain of 23bhp at the wheels for me

AmD isn't the only option though, but I think it's quite good. Our options are limited down under though :(

·
265 Posts
Rich5,

Thanks to IML337's input, I now have the AmD Stage 1. I think for the cost, it is great mod. As a conservative modification, the gains are significant to the point that it positively alters the car's character. Simply put, it will definitely widen the grin on your dial :)

Keep on Motoring :cool:

·
the DASH LIGHT king ? ;)
485 Posts
Amigo said:
Rich5,

Thanks to IML337's input, I now have the AmD Stage 1. I think for the cost, it is great mod. As a conservative modification, the gains are significant to the point that it positively alters the car's character. Simply put, it will definitely widen the grin on your dial :)

Keep on Motoring :cool:
hopefully shud get mine done early next year....as long as it takes into account other mods i will do

im hopin the big grin will be down to more whinning from the charger and not my bank balance
:eek: ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts