MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
</RANT ON>

I am getting kind of tired of the lack of reliable information available from Dealerships and MiniUSA/BMW... It is a shame that they can't first post the information on their website(s), in this case, miniusa.com. Putting the Owners Manual for the current cars being sold, online in pdf form (not just in the Owners lounge, which at time of writing only has 2004) Would go a long way to educate their consumers...

see this thread for others that also would like that:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73431

....................................................... This is posted on mini2.com's news section...
http://www.mini2.com/news/news258.html

Little News Story, On A"Nice" New Feature...

It was revealed at the recent UK launch of the MINI Cooper S Convertible and revised MINI range that at long last MINI were planning to introduce a new indicator to show when the water reservoir for your washer jets are running low.

The really nice part, is that the indicator is planned to be on the indicator stalk "tip", and will glow orange when the water level is in need of topping up! The indicator will oppose the optional (on most models) red flashing indicator stalk for the MINI OEM alarm system. This was originally going to be home to a flashing green light for the indicators, but this was ruled out due to various legislations.

Article: MINI2.com

----------------------------- End of mini2.com news posting --------------------------------------------

The person I spoke to at 866 ASKMINI has not a clue about whether this is standard on all 2005's. They did call me SIR, and told me that they did not know because BMW/MINI would not want the WRONG information out there..... When pressed, and asked if current 2005 owners manuals are included at time of pick up, or backordered.... They said "Of course, the owners manual is included", to which I replied.... "Okay then, you have no excuse not to educate your ask mini staff, and post it on the web"....

I heard another rumor which I learned was wrong about a 2005 feature... From someone on mini2.com in a position to know... Just yesterday...

(I asked for a 2005 brochure to be mailed to me, currently none are available in the States according to ASKMINI and verified by me to be true with their fulfillment company.)

</RANT OFF>

but I have two more questions...

Can anyone with knowledge on the US cars clarify the two questions below please ....

Q1) Is the above mentioned water reservoir indicator standard on all US Mini's as of September ? (or just some models)

Q2) Also can anyone tell me if the 3 button remotes are shipping with the 2005 MCS right now ? (or just some models)

It seems that a 2005 Owners Manual scanned, and converted to PDF, would aleavate a lot of rummors, mis-information, and the employment of un-necessary kept in the dark professionals...

- One MAD, MadHatter :mad:

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
This is a new feature that hasn't yet made production. The last I heard it was another of the "around January 2005" introduction items.

I have good access to various sources official (like those who told me this) and unofficial from various places involved in the MINIs life cycle and planning. The above was told to me by a member of MINI UKs management team, so it's reliable, we just don't have a date.

While I do think MINI USA have been shockingly late on some stuff lately, in general I think they do a pretty decent job at keeping up to date and keeping customers up to date... I'd give them a 7/10. If I wasn't aware of MINI2.com and was a casual buyer, I'd probably rate them higher, as I'd have no idea about what they don't appear to know about (if that makes sense).

:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are one fast typist - Paul !!!

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the feedback, and thanks for the quick reply...

I understand what you said on the fluid level.

My second question was about the car key remote, not steering wheel. I think perhaps you thought I was asking about the multi-function wheel.

Warm Regards from the west side, of the west side, of the pond...

- MadHatter

·
Registered
171 Posts
I can only tell you what I know. My car was a July built, August delivery. I do not have an indicator for the reservior level. My key is a 3 button - lock, unlock and hatch release. Hope this helps. I can post a pic of the key if you'd like.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Hammer (and again Paul)

Hammer: No pic necessary, but thanks for clarifying that ...

Paul: I wish we could better qualify the mini information some how... I don't have any ideas, but I am sure that American posts could really confuse people in UK, NZ, Australia, and all the other places - it seems we are the receipents of Marketing and regulations differences between all the countries, and also the cultural differences from our respective lands, and I am certain that each post that goes up on mini2.com assumes same language/country/regulationns....

anyways congrats on holding down a great website....

thanks,

- MadHatter :cool:

·
Registered
375 Posts
(I asked for a 2005 brochure to be mailed to me, currently none are available in the States according to ASKMINI and verified by me to be true with their fulfillment company.)
I can confirm that there are indeed 2005 model year brochures available in the states as I received a "mini" MINI brochure that has been updated for the 2005 models (and it includes the convertibles too) in the mail about a week or so ago. I ordered the brochure via the www.miniusa.com web site.

Also, I can confirm that the 2005 model year vehicles do indeed include an updated 2005 owner's manual as my neighbor received his new MINI from one of the first shipments of 05 MINIs in CA and his car included the 2005 version of the owner's manual (which doesn't mention the new fluid indicator - nor the LSD or auto trans for the MCS). He also received the new style 3 button key fob with his 05 MINI as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you OfficeMaven

you might be able to confirm that there are 2005 mini brochures in the US but you are NOT referring apples to apples... I am speaking of the 9 x 9 inch 38 page car brochure that shows to a level of detail that is worthy of a $20,000 to $30,000 US Dollar purchase.
Refer to the convertable car brochure shown on the left of this picture

I am not referring to the cutsey little 'mini' 3.5 x 3.5 inch, 22 fold out, "mini" mini brochure that summerizes the big picture, and does not contain full information on optional accessories, shown on the right of this picture.

I am quite glad that you can verify that MINI is able to send out the 2005 manual with their product. I think one would be a little too literal if they were to accept that a company would sell a product to the general public for thousands of dollars and not have the owners manual ready.... hmmm.. that would be bad PR I would think :p

The whole point is if the owners manual exists for the new car... get it immediately to the ASKMINI customer support staff AND post it on the internet. Don't wait for the questions and rumors to come in..... ACT not REACT

To be clear I am not critical of anyone other than the "experts" marketing their product...

- MadHatter

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.