MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...run AMOK!

Hello fellow AMOKers, I thought it would be a lot easier to post information about our club here such as runs, meeting places, and projects that we are working on.

Ciao for now...

Frodo

(Chuck)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Springs, sway bars, camber links.

I am working on a discount on Hotchkis bits (see title). I will send an email this week when I have more information.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MTH Powerchip Mod

I am working on geting the usb cable for this mod. I have only heard good things about it and the mod is cheaper than the cable :) It is for Cooper and Cooper S. I will let any member of AMOK use the cable for free (but if you want to donate a bottle of wine thats fine with me :D ) but you will have to download your own software ect.

See this thread for more information. http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68508&highlight=mth

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Check you out, coming back at full force! :D It will be interesting to see who all gets on to this thread! Daron should be here soon...

Run...AMOK!

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
There were ZERO responses from people who wanted to have a run. Par for the course. Had a few say they were out of town. We will put one together soon. One of the next ones is going to be titled: "The November 2004 Help Joe and Cheryl Move Run." We should finalize everything on the new house tomorrow.

Stay tuned...

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Frodo said:
Tryin to make is a sticky but no luck...yet

"Help Admin peeps" :)
Select Thread Tools at the top of the page. It is a pull-down menu. It works on my OT&B thread I started yesterday.

·
* shooting pictures *
3,144 Posts
Cool :cool: nice to see a thread in here :)

BTW: a lot of us in Belgium are running on MTH too .. and it's worth the shot :)
But really check that you have the correct cable because he's not so easy to find ;)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Morty said:
Cool :cool: nice to see a thread in here :)

BTW: a lot of us in Belgium are running on MTH too .. and it's worth the shot :)
But really check that you have the correct cable because he's not so easy to find ;)
Thanks Morty, I am ordering the one from Germany. I do have a usb adapter but if I'm going to order the cable for the Mini I might as well order the whole thing. It's not worth taking the risk IMHO. I will order it this weekend...

Ciao for now...run AMOK! :D

·
Fly it like you stole it!
95 Posts
Ok...I'm here, finally, I know you all have been waiting for this moment, for me. Just rolled in from a five day trip to Germany about an hour ago, so sorry it took a few days to tap into this thread.
Hey Joe, as far as the Friday night gigs, I am game for anything. Spaghetti House is my fav of the ones you listed, but Casa Bianca's is more visibility for the Mini's as people drive by, the parking lot is right along the AP highway.
As far as moving, I didn't know you guys are moving. Count me in, you need help moving just tell me when and where, and Army permitting, I'll be there. I am due to go to Germany from about 12 Nov to the end of the month, so as far as I can see that would be my only obstical.
Chuck, I'll think about the MTH MOD, and of course I'll chip in for the cable if I do decide to go with it. As far as those springs you were looking at, remember those are H-Sport. I was fooled when I ordered mine off Tire Rack and ordered those instead of the H&R Sport springs. I caught the mistake about five minutes after I called in the order and then called right back to correct it. The H&R Sport springs are supposed to be about the best ones out there that you should get, or the Eibachs. I haven't heard much about the H-Sport springs.
Picking up the car from the body shop in the morning, he better have it ready, I gave him extra time. I can't wait to see the Orciari Kit installed on it with the lowering springs and all, it's ganna look sweet. Anyone want to meet up for lunch tomorrow at the flight line, golf club perhaps? Let me know.
Later guys.

Ciao, Daron

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, I know they are Hotchkis H-sport. I have done a lot of research on them except for riding in a car. I wanted to try something different and they have done a lot of R&D with the sway bars. Plus they are blue and not green :D . I have send a lot of email this weekend asking about lowering, wheels backspacing, and tire sizes. I hope to have more info this week.

If anyone in AMOK or located near me in Italy,is interested in the Hotchkis stuff email or PM me please.

·
Fly it like you stole it!
95 Posts
I can't even see my springs, let alone tell they are green from a glance. I get the car back tomorrow so if you want to drive mine just say the word.
In the little time I have spent driving my car so far, the best spent money has been those EBC Green Stuff brake pads. They claim to cut down your brake dust build up by 80-85 percent, they aren't lying either. As we all know the stock ones are terrible and cause bad brake dust, and that the front ones are by far noticably worse than the back. Well in just 50 miles with the EBC's on the front I had worse dust in the back than the front. I wiped my finger on one front rim and one back rim, the front didn't even show a smear line, the back was definitely showing the dust. I immediatley ordered a set of rear brake pads that same day. I don't know about you all but I like to spend more time driving and enjoying a vehicle than cleaning it so I can drive it. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Ciao, Daron

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Daron-

Thanks for the offer. I will hopefully get the details for the move squared away this week. The new place has lots of room to line up the MINIs.

Chuck-

I will be in on the MTH, but I think I need to get another engine mod or two before it is really going to be effective. I will not be lowering until we get back to the States. They are already modifying the driveway for me.

Morty-

You would do it to help out your biggest INMM05 supporter in Italy! I think I have the wife sold on the trip, and there is definately some club interest. :D

Did I miss anyone? :cool:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts