MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi yall

Can you people help me i only have just a standard radio wave in my mini.
And want to know the following

1 what size are both the front and back speakers ?

2 how do i install an amp and the speakers ?

3 i dont have alot of £££ because i have paid for mini in full hence wife would not let me get cd or boost :( .
So i would like suggestions on what speakers n amp to get and so on budget i know what you sayin how come budget in such a good flippin cari want a nice loud system i do like my music abit loud :).

i want to able to connect and external ipod into my car like through an audio leed ? so i can take it out
http://www.apple.com/uk/ipod/
when i leave my car dont want to bother with a cd changer seein though im gettin that ipod

please help me desperate for sound i hate my tapes had to buy some what an a laugh in this age.

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
There are walkthroughs and details on here for both the front and rear speakers, try a search for 'speakers' should work. So far I don't think anybody has managed to install an amp too. I've only done the head unit on mine so far and won't be doing anymore until I know wether or not BMW will exchange my car (hopefully they will)as for connecting an iPod. Not too sure on that one, I don't know of any head units with USB/Firewire, maybe there are some, but my bet is they won't be cheap. If you need a hand (I live near Manchester) drop me a line, I've installed systems in all my cars so far and I could do the head unit in half an hour or less.
bye for now,
A Mac Techy :

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
There is an amp and two subs due to go into my MINI in a custom install soon. I've sussed out where all the cables will go without drilling any holes, showing any wires and still keeping the power/Sound (RCA, speaker wire) leads apart.

Just for reference, the fronts are 5.25" and the rears are 6x9's... Tweeters are standard 1" jobbies but don't quote me on that as I haven't attacked that section yet. Just done the headunit and 6x9's so far.

I don't think the speaker wire will need changing because:
a)I haven't noticed any problems
b)It looks like too much effort!

From my experience, changing the headunits and speakers is easy to do, just a long winded task. But that's half the fun ;)

Dom

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
iPod TO YOUR RADIO :)

http://www.myirock.com/myirock/s300w.jsp The iRock MP3 beamer :)beams music from you iPod over FM to your car stereo, VERY cool. Please Mr Jobs, 1 iMac, 1 iPod and an iRock :)hope this helped for you madcaser???

P.S. for all you non Mac converts. This adapter also works with ANYTHING with a headphone adapter, personal MiniDisc Player perhaps???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts