MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Derv? Nein Danke.
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought; or can recommend; a decent quality 12volt compressor for the car??

I've had a couple in the past and found the readouts to be so inaccurate for tyre pressure readings that they were next to useless. My trusty tyre pressure gauge (that was very accurate) has given up and I'm looking for a good quality replacement thats fit for use on the car. Is there such a thing as a good quality compressor with guage or shall I just get a good quality guage again?

Cheers!! :smile:

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
well i used a goodyear one the other day and it read 29 PSI, but the tyres only had 26 in them, and that was about 1 month ago. Not sure where it got 29 PSI from.

I have used it before though and it seemed OK - so not too sure on this really.

Cheers,
K

·
24hr
248 Posts
Michelin's digitals seemed to get consistently good reviews so that's what I bought. It's fine.
Yep I bought one of these as well from Halfrauds and it's a very good bit of kit. The readout on the unit is detachable and is a digital pressure gauge that seems pretty accurate. I think they where on sale half price last time I went in ?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Michelin's digitals seemed to get consistently good reviews so that's what I bought. It's fine.
Yep I bought one of these as well from Halfrauds and it's a very good bit of kit. The readout on the unit is detachable and is a digital pressure gauge that seems pretty accurate. I think they where on sale half price last time I went in ?
I bought one after the reviews and it was rubbish. You set the pressure you want, start it going and it stops 10-12psi short :mad: . The pressure gauge was inaccurate as well. Gave the damn thing away. Probably good design poor quality control.

·
Registered
40 Posts
thewalshter

Costco have just got a new heavy duty compressor for £24 inflates a tyre from flat to 30 psi in 2.5 min. Has a proper coil hose carry case and built in led lamp,unit made of steel with alloy cooled piston body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts