MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys ,Ok here are the first pics of one the Brand New 'GTT Lower Mid Chassis Brace' .
This is 'the' first brace to clamp through the rear ends of the subframe into the chassis in 4 positions (12mm bolts) linking each side together to prevent flex in this area. By using 4 bolts it prevents pivot movement front/rear & up/down which you would get by using just a single small bolt at each end. We've gone quite a bit further than this though ,here some of the features:-
- CNC milled from Very high tensile 50mmx 16mm 6082T6 Alloy extrusion.
-Satin Black powder coat finish. (very tough & durable)
-Milled rectangular pockets (to reduce weight.)
- Integral raised bosses - Check out the close up shot (pic5) ,you can see wev'e machined all the metal away along the entire lengh on the uppermost face, just leaving the 4 raised round pads - this avoids a weak point occuring at the base of the counterbores.
-'Scollop' machined in the centre to give clearance with non stock cats (its still a very chunky 16mmx 38mm solid metal even at the narrowest point.)
-No reduction in ground clearance whatsoever.

Note this brace is designed to be fitted either on its own or in addition to a ' Lower FRONT Brace'. You can see in the photo on the car ,this car has the second brace (a red OMP one in this instance) still fitted further forward. The GTT Front Lower Brace that fits in 'this' position is still about 2 weeks away.
Apologies for the not too hot photos. It looks a whole lot nicer in the flesh .
To Avoid any confusion 'I shall name this ship (sorry brace) .....The 'GTT Lower, Mid Chassis Brace'
Best Regards Roland GTT:smile:

Prices now added. M2 Introductory Price £85+vat (first 20 off)

Attachments

·
Danger!Moddings addictive
300 Posts
Looks wicked Roland! Ithink ill have to add it to the brace :D whens the other other one being released?

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cheers Ryan. We have an initial batch of 20 of the rear lower braces (ie this one) available of today. The tubular brace (ie that goes where the OMP one is fitted in the pic)is around 2-3 weeks away . The lower braces are very easy to fit just raise the car ,remove the 4 bolts ,and with the brace& spacers held in place, fit the 4 new bolts. supplied. (Use medium strengh thread lock on the threads). Nothing can/will drop down so no need to have kittens. As per always support car on stands ramps etc when working underneath.

·
only the brave!
1,249 Posts
looks a good idea, so its just the one youve got there at the minute, as your title of the thread says Lower Brace's??

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price to come in the next 2 days .
We may put both the braces on the same thread hence the plural title.
Best regards Roland GTT:smile:

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
...100Nm or 74lb/ft....Use a 16mm socket:cool:
OK Prices the first 20 are available at a Mini2 introductory price of £85+vat. This includes the spacer shims and new longer high tensile bolts (not shown) .To order just pm/email/telephone your card details to us. You will receive the Brace before the end of next week.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
...100Nm or 74lb/ft....Use a 16mm socket:cool:
OK Prices the first 20 are available at a Mini2 introductory price of £85+vat. This includes the spacer shims and new longer high tensile bolts (not shown) .To order just pm/email/telephone your card details to us. You will receive the Brace before the end of next week.
Will it fit the Convertible :confused: , and if that's yes I'll have one :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just curious, does this relate to the GP at all? OK, well, I'm actually a bit more than curious, since I'm so impressed with the GTT strut brace I received a few days ago for my GP!

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paul .. Yes it should fit the cabriolet too. Let me know which manifold you have when ordering guys as GTT& Janspeed manifolds require the spacer/bolt kit,whereas stock or JCW motorsport manifold doesnt . GP should be fine too although I dont know which manifold this has ?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Paul .. Yes it should fit the cabriolet too. Let me know which manifold you have when ordering guys as GTT& Janspeed manifolds require the spacer/bolt kit,whereas stock or JCW motorsport manifold doesnt . GP should be fine too although I dont know which manifold this has ?
PM sent :D

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Tony, yes I did and I (thought I) did reply. Just realised the pm box was full and wouldnt let me send it. -Now freshly replied to.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Newbs... do you mean the bar that M7 do thats about 5 inches further back than ours? If so it IMHO will do next to nothing (single small bolt at each end so a pivoting action can occur up/down and front/rear ,not even clamping directly into the chassis and looks in the pics Ive seen of only small section material) .
Or the one that AFAIK is a frame clamped over the existing centre tunnel brace/exhaust hanger plate.?This one we may do but tbh the existing plate serves the purpose well and is not in a highly stressed area to realy warrant further bracing unless your after the last 1%. (Ok you are:cool: )

1 - 20 of 45 Posts