MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Roland
I would like to know if you plan a rear brace like the one on the conv. car. The bar is all the way back on the rear carrier. It's oem on conv. cars and has braces going forward. My interest is on the bar that joins both sides of the carrier.
Thanks

·
MINI2 Iregular
136 Posts
Hi Roland

Just a quick question, are you planning a discounted 'package' for a full set of GTT strut braces? I think this would go down well all 3 together for a small discount over separately or free fitting or something? I'd like to get the lot at a later date :)

MB

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Newbs.........................Possibly later on ,but no design or drawings started at present.

Matt.................................we may do an offer on all 3 purchased together ,although as each of the 3 braces are on Mini2 launch prices for the first batch,it wont be less than the 3 added together at these launch prices.

Ok Ive now had a chance to test the brace on our demo car. Its good!
I'm going to do more tests once the other GTT lower brace is available,for example using just the lower (frontmost) brace,using just the mid chassis brace & using both.
Best Regards Roland GTT:smile:

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Can I get a frequent purchaser card please Roland? You know the sort; buy 8 items to get a free overpriced and trendy coffee... looking forward to getting my brace.

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Lower Middle Strut Brace

Nice picture of the fitted brace Roland ;)

It's a superbly machined strutbrace and seems to be doing its job well.

(John... I think the pictures are just fine!!! :p)

Cheers,
K.

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
In perspective...

All,

Here is a picture of the new lower middle strutbrace as seen from under the car...

Cheers,
K.

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Wow !

Once again, on those twisting back roads today I really felt how the upper and lower braces are working together. The difference is so noticable, and my friend and I had a constant smile as we sat in the MINI and presented our ability to a tailing chipped CupraR (273 bhp).

Truely great work Roland! :D

Cheers,
K.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Tony....... patience my son:D Its' in the system' wont be too long now.
Karl.........The novelty hasnt worn off yet then:eek: :cool:
Best Regards Roland GTT:smile:

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Wow factor

So long as the east keeps drilling oil, and the west keeps making fuel - the novelty will never wear off ;)

Cheers,
K.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Just to give a big thanks to Roland.

Mid Brace ordered 3pm Monday received 2pm Tuesday, excellent service, and excellent quality goods.

Now fitted and semi tested ( it is snowy up here ) and it improves a little on my existing OMP front brace.

Next up Aerobox upper brace:smile:

Roland, I did end up removing the inner shims and it fits perfect.

C

·
watchalookinat
120 Posts
ttt

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,165 Posts
Roland fitted the upper and front lower brace to my MCS in Feb 07 and it made a huge difference.

15,500 miles and 10 months later, I fitted the GTT mid brace and thought I might not notice any difference. Wrong! Wish I'd done it sooner :rolleyes:

Tigger.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for the nice feedback Tigger. Just go round and retorque the bolts one more time once its settled....you might get even more improvement still.:eek::smile::smile:

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,165 Posts
Thanks for the nice feedback Tigger. Just go round and retorque the bolts one more time once its settled....you might get even more improvement still.:eek::smile::smile:
Good idea. I'll give it a few hundred miles and do that :)

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
:smile:Hi Larry no not yet, however a strong one piece bolt on upper rear is on the cards. -hed stainless steel to look the part aswell.:smile:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts