MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Roland
Sorry I posted this thread below originally in the wrong thread but you found it and replied anyway.
Your answer says to drill some 30mm holes and use the long spacers. I can understand how this will be done but I really do not want to alter the underbody panels if I would ever want to bring the car back to original.
My next question is do you need to use any spacers at all to clear the stock JCW exhaust manifold? I am not sure if your standard mounting utilizes spacers or not. By looking at the underneath of the panels it seems that their may be enough room to mount this if it bolts directly to the subframe and underbody panel.
Thanks for your help, Steve

Below posted in wrong thread
Online I have a few questions on this brace.

1. Has anyone fitted this to a GP without having to alter the underbody paneling? After looking at the paneling it appears that it may fit with the stock JCW exhaust manifold if spacers are not required. If an aftermarket manifold was used and spacers were required I'm not sure it would fit.

2. For those of you that have this fitted were there any changes in NVH?

3. What are you impressions of the addition of the mid brace? I would really like to hear from people that have added it to a car that already had a GTT top aero brace and omp lower/GTT lower brace fitted.

Thanks for your help, it seems that their has not been any new data for a while.
Steve

Hi, yes you can fit the lower mid brace to a GP , just use the optional spacer /long bolt kit (£15+vat extra ) . You can cut 4 small circles 30mm diameter in the plastic undertray where the spacer/bolts clamp. Very neat & easy . I havn't done it but I know Dave has ,with good sucess.
Best Regards Roland GTT

·
Registered
315 Posts
What are you impressions of the addition of the mid brace? I would really like to hear from people that have added it to a car that already had a GTT top aero brace and omp lower/GTT lower brace fitted.

Thanks for your help, it seems that their has not been any new data for a while.
Steve
definitely works. i find the car corners better. i've heard indirectly from people who've done track days that it makes a difference. i've recently sold mine to raise cash, but it is a sound product.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts