MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else annoyed by the seat tags on the front seats on the convertible. The outside tag says "airbag" and the inside says "mini".

With the top down at highway speeds these things flap like crazy.

Are others here cutting them off?...I'm about ready to...

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
MadisonMini said:
Anyone else annoyed by the seat tags on the front seats on the convertible. The outside tag says "airbag" and the inside says "mini".

With the top down at highway speeds these things flap like crazy.

Are others here cutting them off?...I'm about ready to...
They aren't just one the convertible...they are on all MINI seats. I actually think they are kind of cute. Never an annoyance to me.

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
How strange - mine don't flap. Infact they're so short and stubby that I can't imagine they'd be able to flap at any speed.

The only thing that annoys me is the seatbelt flapping, due to the feeder being so far to the rear. Not enough to cut my seatbelts off though ;)

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
lightbody said:
how about a wee bit of velcro behind them?
Words of a genius there! Yeah.. it'd only take a tiny bit of sticky-back velcro... and then when you feel like it you can let em flap freely! ;) It'd also give a bit of space between the tag and the seat, rather than it looking like it's been glued straight to the seat surface. Might be worth a go.

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Flapping things!

Not only do the seat tags flap around, I get really annoyed by the rear seatbelts (the metal clip, not the belt itself) banging against the sides when you are in top down mode with no rear passengers. I have already tried velcro patches to hold the belts against the sides, but not very effective, alas.....

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
dalboyne said:
Not only do the seat tags flap around, I get really annoyed by the rear seatbelts (the metal clip, not the belt itself) banging against the sides when you are in top down mode with no rear passengers. I have already tried velcro patches to hold the belts against the sides, but not very effective, alas.....
Plug them in, that's how they always arrive from BMW when I get a press car.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plug the seat belts in, that works well.

I figure with the "tag flap" some people have longer tags than others (no snickering here) causing the flap.

It's actually not bad unless it's really windy outside and I'm driving about 80mph.

The other thing I was thinking (as opposed to using velcro) would be to somehow place a small weight inside each tag (possible a small piece of velcro INSIDE the tags may work well enough to weight them to reduce the flap-flap-flap. :)

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Seat Belts

Paul Mullett said:
Plug them in, that's how they always arrive from BMW when I get a press car.
Good tip - just need to nag my teenage kids into remembering every time! (Anyone remember that old Jimmy Saville slogan - "Clunk Click Every Trip"????)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.