MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My first question to post. I've seen a number of posts discussing the bushing, and polymer vs stock. What I can't find, even after calling the dealer, is which size I need for my 2009 Cooper JCW. I was given the part # 33 55 6 756 151 by the dealership, which when I look up is a 16 - 17mm (eg. w w w . turnermotorsport . com/p-15820-33556756151-genuine-bmw-part/ ). I see from reading the other posts on this topic that there are 16, 17 & 18mm bushings. Do I literally need to climb under and measure it with a caliper?

Thanks in advance.

K

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
If there are 3 different sizes then to be sure then yes. I was quoted 2 different sizes at my local motor factors when making an enquiry a while back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simple, quick answer. Thanks. My dealership is 90 miles away so I don't really want to waste time going to buy, or order the wrong thing. Just wanted to see if there was an easier way, but I can borrow a caliper.

K

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I think its better to be safe than sorry buddy and take a measurement just to be on the safe side and a good excuse to buy a caliper too as they are always useful tools to have in your tool box :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts