MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered my Clubman Cooper D :D

Was trying to get a good balance on the spec......weighing up the trinkets that I would like, against the items that genuinely add some value/desirability when it comes to resale in a few years time.

In the end, I settled on this;

Pepper White, Black Roof & Caps.
Chilli Pack.
Clth/Lea Ray Carbon Black
17" Crown Alloys
Multi-Function Steering Wheel
Privacy Glass
Hi-Fi Speakers
Heated Seats
Park Distance Control
2 Rear Seats
Detachable Towbar :aargh::aargh::aargh:

Achieved a reasonably good PX guarantee on my 18 month old X3....and negotiated a quid or two off aswell!!!!!

All in all.........I'm a happy bunny :D:D

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really the only must-have is the Chilli Pack. What colour line did you go for?

Congrats by the way :nice: :D
I left it as Dark Grey :(

I considered the White option for a while.....but in the end decided to stick!!!

I do have to purchase a fair number of exterior items........so needed to call a halt to "box ticking" at some point.

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
I left it as Dark Grey :(

I considered the White option for a while.....but in the end decided to stick!!!
Dark Grey is fine. Personally I wouldn't want a black and white car inside and out. A little colour variation is better ;)

I do have to purchase a fair number of exterior items........so needed to call a halt to "box ticking" at some point.
I know what you mean!! :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey, congratulations, sounds a good spec to me. Heated seats are a must, I used mine sooooo much I thought the seats were going to melt in the winter.

Only thing I would try to stretch to are the Xenons, even if it means ditching some of your other options? I wanted to but was too late as the car had gone into production.

Iam averaging 50mpg, just for reference. (mainly short trips)

Oooooh, add the sport button for £90! Sorry I'll stop.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only thing I would try to stretch to are the Xenons, even if it means ditching some of your other options? I wanted to but was too late as the car had gone into production.

Oooooh, add the sport button for £90! Sorry I'll stop.

I've got the Sport Button.........forgot to write that earlier :cool:

I hear you on the Xenons....my last few cars have all had them...but...I only do 6/7K miles a year, of which very little is actually at night. I will be fitting the front spots though ;)

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
I've got the Sport Button.........forgot to write that earlier :cool:

I hear you on the Xenons....my last few cars have all had them...but...I only do 6/7K miles a year, of which very little is actually at night. I will be fitting the front spots though ;)
My dealer reckoned the Sport Button was a waste of money when I asked! ;)

Xenons yes! I too added them to my order at the last minute. Also odered the spots. But then we have been known to do mountain passes at night! :eek:

We only ordered our clubman D three weeks ago and will be at the dealership next week! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re:Another clubbie dooper ordered

Hi,

My dooper clubman should be with me in 2 weeks!, my spec is:

Chili red
Clth/Lea Ray Rooster Red
Chili Pack
Multi-func steering wheel
Space-saver spare wheel
Exterior mirror pack
Heated windscreen washers and mirrors
Black bonnet stripes
Roof & mirror caps in black
Panoramic sunroof
Front seat heating
Colour line rooster red
Fluid silver interior trim
Sport button
Bi-xenon headlights
White indicator lenses

All I could get the dealer to throw in was the TLC

Iain

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a wobble over the spec at the weekend :aargh::aargh:

Heated seats now gone (well, it is only half leather!!!)

Xenon lights are now on the car....and the Crowns have been replaced with Pace.

All only just in time as build commences this week, and I only ordered it last Thursday :D:D:D

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had the phone call.....ITS ARRIVED :D:D:D:D
That's just 2 weeks and 1 day from order to arrival :D
Also, there is a pile of "spare parts" there waiting for me to collect (JCW Aero bumper & Grill, black spots, mirror covers etc).

It's so annoying that I am working this weekend....no day off until Tuesday :angry::angry::angry:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hang in there - for those of us "over here" that's such a short wait. Be sure to take some photos and post them on the big day!:smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts