MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
R53 Turbo!
1,931 Posts
are you planning on tracking the car at all at knockhill or is it more just for the street etc? I'm a bit further north than you, must have been a hell of a long drive ;)
If it fits in with my work rota i intend to attend a track day at some point, but, as you know the weather at Knockhill is always hit or miss and i'll only do it in the dry

COuld the lower of the 2 boost settings not be changed to 17 then the light would stay off except when choosing the higher setting & gunning it?
Excellent idea, but, erm, well, you know, i've kinda not used the lower setting :aargh:
I might opt for the removal method, but then, once the traction light is on it kinda evens it up :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the write up Alan....To a degree we can change the min boost setting (probably to below the traction trigger limit), but tbh I prefer it turning the traction off (same as most modified SC Minis to)....saves remmembering to manually turn it off ,as IMO under hard driving both ASC and DSC are a hinderance on any Mini :eek:. The beauty is the traction still works perfectly when 'forced' to drive slowly ie snow ,ice , deep puddles, and is only in these conditions that it is an effective safety feature anyway. I know as weve had alot of snow down here..and for the first time ever I prefered the ASC to function, which it did everytime on my 400bhp Turbo Mini . :cool:
Induction noise is greater on the 'top mount' intercooler GTT T conversions than the 'Front mount' ones, due to the differing position of the air filter. Alot of people love to here the suck and wastegate noise. Certainly a louder exhaust may be just the ticket. BTW we are producing a 'front section silencer delete pipe' for the R53 Cooper S Miltek Cat Back . These will be on exchange...and great on the GTT Turbo Minis in particular, which are notably quieter than modded SC Cooper S's
Reduced back pressure , less weight and more sporty sound.
Best Regards Roland GTT

·
R53 Turbo!
1,931 Posts
Thanks for the write up Alan....
You're welcome :)

To a degree we can change the min boost setting (probably to below the traction trigger limit),
Thought you could, but, i'm happy enough, i hardly drive it on the lower setting anyway, so, it would always be on ;)

Induction noise is greater on the 'top mount' intercooler GTT T conversions than the 'Front mount' ones, due to the differing position of the air filter. Alot of people love to here the suck and wastegate noise
It is certainly noticeable outside the car as well, as a BT telephone engineer will confirm when he heard me going past him recently :eek:

Certainly a louder exhaust may be just the ticket. BTW we are producing a 'front section silencer delete pipe' for the R53 Cooper S Miltek Cat Back . These will be on exchange...and great on the GTT Turbo Minis in particular, which are notably quieter than modded SC Cooper S's
Reduced back pressure , less weight and more sporty sound.
Best Regards Roland GTT
I'll be very interested in this, please keep me updated on the progress and availability :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
hi, the GTT front section will be on exchange for a Standard Miltek front section.(ie one with silencer still integral to it). If we are supplying the complete system & fitting it, then effectrivly we can fit with GTT 'Front Silencer Delete' pipe now. I have one pipe 'in hand' so can be jigged and fabricated prior to your car coming down. This means we can fit within the day no problems.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Supercooper...I cant see an email under the name supercooper..so I dont know which email you would like an answer on.:smile:
The 2 stage boost (on low setting) allows more throttle angle with less boost, which is the preferable more relaxed mode on motorways particularly when u get to an incline. ...give it a go Alan.....less induction noise to as runs less boost up the hill..:smile:

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Hi Supercooper...I cant see an email under the name supercooper..so I dont know which email you would like an answer on.:smile:
The 2 stage boost (on low setting) allows more throttle angle with less boost, which is the preferable more relaxed mode on motorways particularly when u get to an incline. ...give it a go Alan.....less induction noise to as runs less boost up the hill..:smile:
Ok Roland, it's mx [email protected]

21 - 28 of 28 Posts