MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, as I know there have been lots of topics on these sidelights!!

All I want to know is...Are they really worth it???

I've seen pictures where they look fantastic with a full halo light and others where they look incomplete and dont look very good at all with a dim ring!

What are your experiances on them and are you happy with them??

Please let me know as im 50/50 at the moment!!!:(

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
they look better than standard sidelights but i think they could have been designed a bit better. theyre worth the money though especially now mikey does them cheaper

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for your replies guys!

Was beginning to think noone could be bothered to answer another question about Halos!!!

Yeah Mikey does them for an awesome price!

Do you guys have pics of yours that I could see when they are on?? I will look in your galleries to see!!?!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
its kind of hard to get a good pic because you need to take it in the dark and the bright light sort of F's up the camera

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its kind of hard to get a good pic because you need to take it in the dark and the bright light sort of F's up the camera

HAHAHA!!!

Ok mate, then I will take your word that they look good!!

Are they easy to fit?

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
You'll have to pay more attention next time you see my car. Then you can see exactly what they look like on electric blue. If you like the chrome/clear LED lights I have those too.

I think they are great, but the contacts on the halos have coroded a bit and looses contact at times. The LED doesnt light the whole ring up either, as they only have 2 LED's in each light.

I have the LED indicator bulbs front and rear too.

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOOOOHHHH YEAH!!! I guess I was paying so much attention to your GP bumper I didnt even look at your sidelights!!!

You dont have a picture with them on do you mate?

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
OOOOOHHHH YEAH!!! I guess I was paying so much attention to your GP bumper I didnt even look at your sidelights!!!

You dont have a picture with them on do you mate?
Nope, but as soon as I have her back I will take some pictures with them on, off, night, day. I'll do the rears and dash too.

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
I bought a set of the early one's & was really pleased with them........untill it came to mot time. My local tester failed the car because he said the halo's were emitting a blue light. I ended up taking them off & putting the originals back on. Heard of one or two people having the same problem but the majority have had no probs at all???

Here's a pic for you, sorry, none in the dark:biggrin:

Attachments

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a set of the early one's & was really pleased with them........untill it came to mot time. My local tester failed the car because he said the halo's were emitting a blue light. I ended up taking them off & putting the originals back on. Heard of one or two people having the same problem but the majority have had no probs at all???

Here's a pic for you, sorry, none in the dark:biggrin:
Thanks for the pic mate, I really appreciate it!

Your car looks very clean and the Electric Blue looks lovely in that light!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts