MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after some advice on the best ipod dock and connection for mounting the latest generation ipod touch into a mini cooper.

The car is a face lifted late 04 model without a MFSW, and ideally I would prefer a dock mounted off the center console (main struts either side of the center console) which would provide power to the ipod and also give me the option to control the volume etc from the car stereo.

On the stereo front, I think it is a boost system, but not 100% sure about this, is there anyway to distinguish between the boost and the Wave??.

After reading the numerous posts on I have narrowed my options down to the ICELINK LITE or the GATEWAY 100, but from what I can read about them, the IPOD control is via the IPOD itself.

Does anyone have experience of either or both options and possibly recommend the best out of the two.

Any help would be appreciated

Paul

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Richard_p for taking the time and effort to post the pics, looks like i have the new boost cd

Cheers
Paul;)

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
The lite wont charge the latest touch - apple have taken out the 12 volt charging :(
The 100 has 2 modes - gateway - control from the stereo or ipod - control from the ipod
The latest 100 also has the new 5 volt charging

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lite wont charge the latest touch - apple have taken out the 12 volt charging :(
The 100 has 2 modes - gateway - control from the stereo or ipod - control from the ipod
The latest 100 also has the new 5 volt charging
Cheers Mike.

Do you stock the latest 100?? - im assuming the ipod touch charges from 5 volts and thats the system i need??

All i need to decide is if my wife would appreachiate this as part of her christmas present or not, its for her car.

If its a go'er, whats the best way to contact you mikey, PM on here or through your website??

Cheers

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts