MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after waiting for 19 weeks, finally collected my Cooper yesterday and I’m already in love with it. Car is everything you guys lead me to believe it would be and more.

The new gearbox is really precise and everything just feels so ‘right’ – the handling is great and for those of you worrying about combining SS+ with 17” S-spokes, IMO it’s a great package. The ride isn’t harsh, more very firm so that you can feel what’s going on, but the cornering is superb – you feel that you don’t really have to slow down for corners.

Full spec is as follows

2005 Mini Cooper

Chili Red/White Roof
Chili Pack
ASC+T
17” S-Spoke wheels with SS+
Air Conditioning – Auto
Heated Front Seats
Electric Folding Mirrors
Visibility Pack
Single CD Boost (which plays MP3’s)
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Alloy Patina Trim
Harmon Kardon Audio
Bonnet Stripes
Xenon Lights
Anthracite Headlining
Driving Lights

I’ve added a few pictures to my Gallery if anyone wants to have a look.

·
Astro
295 Posts
very very cool car!! what are the Xeons like?

At a glance the new face lift looks like it has a aero bumper on the frount!! great car...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Xenon's

L13 Cooper said:
very very cool car!! what are the Xeons like?

At a glance the new face lift looks like it has a aero bumper on the frount!! great car...
The Xenons are really good - on dipped beam only as they're not Bi-Xenon's. When they're on dip, I would say that they're about as good as those on the BMW (which is equipped with the new Adaptive Bi-Xenon's and move with the steering, and which are absolutely superb turning night into day). However, even with the driving lights you notice that they're not as good on full beam, but that's fine as it would be unfair to expect anything more.

Thanks for the comments guys - the more I drive this car, the more I like it. It sounds really funny (and obviously novelty value is still very strong) but at the moment I'm not fussed about driving the BMW - maybe in a few weeks time that will change but the Mini is such a fun car to drive and absolutely brimming in character, something that most modern cars (including the BMW) just don't have.

Anyway, got to go - have to put a few more miles on the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
Maquis
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing