MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right im hoping to get myself a mini this year, and was just wondering bout the sport suspension, so does it just give a sportier ride or does it also make the car look alittle bit lowered? :confused:

ok its a newbie question... lol :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another quick question.... (cos i dun want to make another thread) is all suspension on mini the same.. hmmm how do i say it is the suspension on the mini one, mini cooper and mini cooper s all the same?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Its not all the same. There can even be difference between the same models for example whether or not sports suspension is ticked as option or not. I believe even the spring/damper rates vary depending on the spec you have - each option adds a value which gets totaled up, the dampers and spring rates are the chosen to suit how heavy your car is (how many options you've spec'd) - or so I believe. On 2nd generation MINIs the parts that can vary are the springs, dampers and anti-roll bars. On 1st generation MINIs, the rear trailing arms can be different too - either pressed metal or aluminum items (on the GP). If Sports suspension plus is ticked on a 1st generation, there will also be adjustment for rear camber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts